Cravings

The rest of the day ticked on in nervous silence, in anticipation of long-awaited alleviating touch. A need barely quenched by loitering fingers and dawdling eyes. The chain no longer taut, the distance filled, the tension thick.

"I need Light-kun's opinion on this"

..L would exclaim, Light happily obliging as he placed one hand on the detective's shoulder, his head hovering over the other to look at his screen.

"𝑯𝒎𝒎𝒎"

..The boy would hum lowly next to the man's ear.

"Very...𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈"

It was breathy, and quiet, and suggestive. Every accentuation of each slowly spoken syllable made L's spine tingle. If no one was looking, the detective would discreetly crawl his hand to where the boy sat, to loop his pinkie round Light's finger. Causing the enticing red to creep it's way onto his lover's face. It looked hot to the touch, L wished he could warm his cold hands in the addicting intensity of Light's skin..all in good time.

The pairs' mood swings no doubt caused disconcertment in their colleagues. But the duo couldn't keep curious hands away from each other. At the end of perfect fingertips was always white cotton, at the friendly caress of a back, or the casual clutch of an arm in agreeable conversation. The detective noticed these subtleties, reciprocating with the end of his dark stare meeting creases in clothing accentuating the curves of muscles, the bend of knees, where thighs converged into slim hips. Light loved being observed, so much so that he'd previously denied it, denied himself the satisfaction of being appreciated by esurient eyes. Because to accept it would mean the downfall to his polished orderly conduct. L always theorised an individual's most prominent strength, doubled as their greatest weakness. Light was no exception. The assurance of awed expressions that stalked the graceful strides of the prodigy gave him confidence. Compelled the self-assurance in the sophisticated advancements of his steps. He was so used to it, a constant group of eyes goggling him in peaked engrossment. It was white noise, the continual hum of life that surrounded the Yagami boy on the daily, it had become the norm. His most significant strength. The stares of admiration underneath the boy's feet that forged the road to undeniable success. However, Light Yagami was a fleeting beauty, he didn't linger around eyes he didn't desire to look into, so no one could ever suitably undress the elusive interior underneath glossy corneal layers.
The boy's greatest 𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔, eyes that looked too long. Eyes that commanded the younger man's sight to illuminate the two sunless caverns in the detective's face. It seemed as if Light's subjection to the older man, the chain that retained him to one spot - the steel to force the small unobtrusive vulnerabilities of the boy's skin to be apparent, it had broken him down, unveiled weakness, unveiled 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒉. L sought out to lower Light's guard, he had done it, not through trusting words, nor reassuring actions. All the detective had to do...was maintain his gaze. All he had done...was look for too long. Light Yagami's greatest weakness.

It had somehow dragged to 10pm, later than usual, seeming all too eager to share L's bed could be suspicious to the task force, so the men overworked themselves. It wasn't suspicious, it wouldn't even cross the little preoccupied minds of their colleagues, Light was overthinking it. Every tick of his watch counted down to sublime relief, each click of a lost second transforming into a butterfly that joined the fluttering cluster in the pit of his stomach. A neon kaleidoscope of appealing emotion that dyed Light's benumbed core with excitement. Excitement he wanted L to extract with his kisses that turned almond skin purple. It was finally Soichiro that exclaimed the day's work should end. Light's fears were dispelled, they suspected nothing. His father would keep the two men from their slumber to catch Kira through the night if he knew of their outrageous intentions.