Misa's Injurious Boredom

"Just 𝒐𝒏𝒆?"

"I thought you didn't want to do that while Ryuzaki is watching?"

"I hardly ever see you...𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒆𝒆𝒆𝒆??"

Misa had been begging for what seemed like forever. All she asked for, was but a peck, just a tiny kiss to see her through til their next meeting. And it was getting increasingly harder to avoid.
The girl pouted her rosebud mouth cutely in pleading, her bottom lip a seducing device - enticing men closer with the shine of strawberry flavour that glistened there. Light however, was not convinced. 𝑨𝒏𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 would've jumped at the offer. The fishnets, big brown eyes that twinkled underneath ash blonde hair. She was an outlandish spectacle. Pretty by most's standards, and the boy knew it. L saw the battle in Light's brain as he visibly recoiled from her unrelenting eagerness. All the while trying not to look 𝒕𝒐𝒐 disgusted, and trying 𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 hard not to look at L - who was of course, judging him profusely.

"Misa...I don't want to do this in front of anyone, will you stop this now? It's inappropriate"

The girl let out an exaggerated sigh, slumping into Light's chest with a huff. She wrapped arms around him, staring at L as if in warning to stay away from her 'already claimed' prize. It was okay though, because she soon turned away—facing the opposite direction—as if not wanting to glare in the 𝒅𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆'𝒔 any longer, out of irritation. It wasn't 𝒉𝒊𝒔 fault Light wasn't interested...even 𝒃𝒆𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆 the two met, he wasn't interested.

They could look at each other now, the boy was pained; uncomfortable. His face seemed desperate to speak, eyes sending messages of '𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚٫ 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒑 𝒊𝒕'.
This whole thing was 𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔, all it achieved was making them 𝒃𝒐𝒕𝒉 depressed. It wasn't as if the task force could see them now. Besides, no one would blame Light if Misa droned on to Matsuda that the pair missed their date this week. Everyone knew how important this case was, especially to Light, who maybe innocently forgot when deep in the midst of intense investigation. It would be an acceptable excuse. Or perhaps it was just to reluctantly appease Misa, who would no doubt throw a hissy fit when her demands weren't his main priority. L had mused on the fact before - that Light and his irksome female addition were similar in ways. Differently though, Light was intelligent, he was controlled and eye catching - but with understated elegance.

Brown eyes pulled a pale hand to touch, so it did. There was a conveniently placed cushion between them, and L subtly slipped fingers in the gap as it lay propped up against the sofa back. Light noticed, and was all too quick for his own pride, to move his hand in reciprocation. He blushed a little—but knew the detective was yet to care about that—and their concealed fingers intertwined in a firm grip. It made Light smile, so the detective smiled too. However it was brief, because Misa finally began to move herself. But her decided position was in the middle of two boys - who's palms had to swiftly part ways in case they were sat on.

"𝑯𝒎𝒑𝒉!"

Misa's arms once again, were crossed tightly into her chest, and she squeezed eyes shut over a scrunched nose of disapproval.

"As always...this is 𝒃𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈"

"I doubt you know the meaning of the word"

L mumbled down into his tea, gingerly stirring it. Light seemingly tried to contain his laughter, though Misa gave the impression of being too preoccupied within the tragic feeling of her own '𝒃𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒐𝒎', she hadn't appeared to hear properly.

"𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕??"

Her head snapped to the right hastily, contrasting the apathetically uninvolved countenance that met her animatedly aggravated one. It didn't come 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆 to Light Yagami's recurring look of annoyance. Not that L expected much, but he was actually rather disappointed in her lack of facial ability to be more interesting.