Chapter six

Walking back down stairs with Zeke he takes my hand, I love the feel of his big hand holding mine.  It's warm and comforting, he makes me feel safe and loved.  He's the kind of mate I've always dreamed of, the kind my parents told me of. The fact that he accepted me without any hesitation is how it's supposed to be, Thankyou Moon Goddess.

"Are you chickening out?!" Bell calls from the front door.

"Enjoy being cocky while you can dear brother in law," I say smiling and he smirks at me.

"Let's see what you got," he says bouncing on the balls of his feet.

We head outside and go to the clearing next to the house.  "Ok this will be in human form only and go till one of you concedes defeat.  You will not bloody each other," Zeke says but we both know if Bell and I were to get to that point, Zeke would probably flip out and hurt Bell.

Nodding that we understand we both get into fighting stance.  Bell has a confident smirk on his face while I hide my emotion.  I watch his torso for movement and see him drop is left side slightly as he makes his move.

Charging forward towards me I dodge him at the last second tripping him up with my left foot.  Turning around he lunges for me, each time he does he leads with his left.  When he does it again letting out a frustrated grunt he yells out, "ARE YOU JUST GOING TO DODGE ME ALL DAY?"

When he launches himself at me again I dodge again, but this time using his momentum against him I lock his arm behind his back taking him down.  I put enough pressure on his joint to let him know I can pop it out of place, while resting my foot on his lower back keeping him immobile.

"Do you concede this round?" I ask serious to let him know I take this seriously.  Yes it started with me making a point but now I'm in training mode.  His cockiness left him open and he projected his intentions a little too much.

"Yes," he says glumly.  Releasing him I jump back out of reach just incase.

"How did you do that?" He asks looking at me as Zeke moves to my side with a look of pride.

"You have a tell, you lead with your left before you launch. Instead of mindless launching yourself at me study my movements look for an opening, be patient," I say as he gets an annoyed look.

"You don't fight in human form much do you?" I ask and he shakes his head no.

"Then you must learn to fight in this form, the stronger you are in human form the stronger your wolf will be," I say and he nods in understanding.

"Who taught you?" Bell asks me as Zeke reaches around me resting his hand on my hip.

"My parents had both been top warriors, but my mom retired after she got pregnant with me.  They died in an accident when I was younger before I became the Goddess' warrior," I smile at the memory of my parents.

"Our parents were killed in an ambush along with our baby sister Yelina," Zeke says and Bell looks away.

I give Z a one armed hug and take Bell's hand making them both look at me.  "Let's do all we can to get stronger and end this pointless feud," they both get a determined look to match mine.

With time we will become strong, stronger than this pack has ever been.  No one will hurt my family or take them from me, to this I swear with all my soul to protect what's mine.

Blaze's POV

My girlfriend Amy broke up with me.  She had been cheating on me the entire time with her stepbrother.  They decided to go public when their parents got divorced.

How did this all happen? How did I get to this point in my life where not only is my love life over betrayed by my girlfriend and my mate taken by the Moon Goddess, but my parents are so ashamed of me that they decided to pass me over for my new baby brother.  I didn't even know that my mom had been pregnant.

How did I let my life get here? I should have given Artemis a chance, but now her soul is gone all that remains is Dajaa's soul in Artemis' body.  I'm glad for my wolf that he still has her, but I'll never be whole again I'll always know half of my heart is incomplete.

Right now I'm hanging back letting my wolf handle things.  Not only is he taking care of his mate who has lost half her soul, but is trying to get my parents to talk to me again.

He's worried about me, since the night Artemis was taken if I'm being honest, I've been deeply depressed. I had tried to hide it at first, but it just kept crushing me till I told Walker to live for us.

Amy's betrayal was the last straw for me.  I have lost my will to go on, if I could just have Artemis back I could fix everything.

I could start again from scratch if only I could find her, if only she was still alive.  Sinking to the floor of my mental den I curl into a pathetic ball and dream of a future I denied myself, by breaking the heart of the woman who was ment to be mine.  If only I could make that dream real.....

Walker's POV

I'm worried about my human half, he's starting to go insane I think.  I mean he should feel bad about how things ended up but I hate seeing him so broken.  I wish I could help him and my mate.  She often gets very cold and isn't half as strong as she once was when she had Artey.  I miss Artey she was a special human who was so loving and selfless.  I know she wouldn't have wanted this for them but the Goddess works in mysterious ways.  She was probably very disappointed with my human and mate.  I just hope I'm strong enough to keep them both going.