39. Let's take a walk

As soon as Y/N and Yachi entered Asahi's car, they brought the awkward tension with them.

"Is everything alright?" Asahi asks, knowing full well it was probably a land mine question.

"Everything is fine." Y/N lies.

"No." Yachi huffs. "That slimy manager lady was all up on Y/N's man."

The Yachi vibe test: Annelise, FAIL.

"He's not my man, Yachi." Y/N sighs. "And it's fine. It's what's best."

"NO, IT ISN'T." Yachi angrily says.

The entire situation, Y/N's inability to admit her true feelings frustrated Yachi. It was a difficult position because Yachi is on Y/N's side no matter what, even though she was wrong.

"Sorry, Y/N. I don't want to argue." Yachi whispers. "Me neither, Yachi," Y/N responds. "And maybe you're right. I don't want to think about any of that right now. Okay?"

When Y/N got invited, she did not skip the chance to take all of her friends to the beach.

"Whoa, Y/N. Is this your beach home?" Asahi is left speechless at the beach house in front of his eyes.

"Are you kidding, Asahi? If I owned this, I would have saved myself a lot of awkward moments in my hallway." Y/N responds.

This beachfront property is a luxurious vacation home, a little over Y/N's price range.

It's more fitting for someone wealthy who can't stay at a fancy hotel like everyone else.

"What's up, cuties." He stands in front of the glass doors, opening his arms to his guests.

"Of course. Who else would have a place like this." Yachi rolls her eyes.

"Asahi, this is Miya Atsumu." Y/N says, as Asahi extends his hand to greet him.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. T-thank for your generous donation."

"You're welcome." Atsumu winks at Asahi. "And is he off-limits too, Y/N?"

"That's up to Yachi," Y/N responds.

"W-what? I-I?" Yachi stutters.

"Oh, damn, this is your man?" Atsumu teases a flushed Yachi.

Like Y/N, it brings Atsumu great pleasure, making people flustered. "Either way, all are welcome to my abode." Atsumu claps. "Everyone settle in. Dinner is soon."

The three off venture up the spiraling staircase in a scavenger hunt to find their rooms. Atsumu wasn't very helpful in telling them where to stay. "I dunno, just find an empty bed." He shrugged as he served himself a drink from the bar cart.

Asahi was the first to find an empty room as Y/N and Yachi continued down the marble hallway. "You can have this room, Y/N," Yachi smiles. It was arguably the room with the best view, getting both the waves and the city lights all in one window. "I'll just get this one" Yachi points to the room directly across Y/N's room.

As Y/N sets her stuff down in her chosen room, she hears it. The sound of a woman yelling in fear, and then the sounds of Yachi profusely apologizing.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't see anything. I'm so sorry, sir." Yachi runs out of the room. Both Y/N and Asahi run towards the screaming Yachi, "what's wrong?!" The two say in unison, looking at a crouched-down Yachi who was covering her eyes. "So many tattoos." She whispers as Y/N opens the door.

"Rin?!" She smiles, running towards the person that startled Yachi.

Y/n has yet to meet someone more heavily inked than Rin. She always admired the markings on his ivory skin.  His face is the only bare part of his body. The rest of his skin, painted with black and grey ink.