~27~

It was the last day of summer and you could feel the negative energy in the house, it felt like a weight on everyone's shoulders. 

I had hesitantly packed my clothing away into my trunk; treading the upcoming year. Everyone knew things were going to change, and there was nothing we could do about it.

I do one last look over of my room to make sure I'm not missing anything. I thought I had everything but just as I turned to leave my room something caught my eye. Under my dresser, there was a small piece of paper.

I picked it up, it was the letter I had found from my mom. I had completely forgotten about it up until now. 

I make a mental note to ask Dumbledore about it once we get back to Hogwarts, and shove the letter deep into my pocket.

I grab my trunk and with one last final look, I walk out of my room, closing the door behind me.

I walk down the long hallway passing by the old portrait of my grandmother. She was constantly screaming so Sirius had kept it covered up.

But as I was passing it she stopped screaming. She spoke in a low tone only saying my name at first.

I approach the portrait so now I'm only a few inches away.

In a low, hushed tone my grandmother speaks to me.

"He hasn't told you yet has he? Your father."

"What?" My voice laced with confusion.

"You have something they don't, something they want. Thanks to your wretched mother"

"What? What are you talking about?"

"You have the power to end it all, yet they hide this from you" she scoffs.

Just before I could get out of her what she meant Sirius came around the corner pulling the cover back over the portrait.

"Don't listen to a word that crazy woman says" He gives me a stern look and then walks away.

"What the bloody hell was all that about" I mumble to myself before making my way down the stairs, my trunk dragging behind me.

I enter the kitchen and sit down at the table, putting my head in my hands; the words of my grandmother repeating in my head.

What could I possibly have? and what does she mean end it all? and who wants what from me? I have so many questions and nobody to answer any of them.

My thoughts were interrupted by someone clearing their throat.

"Hi love" Fred spoke as I lifted my head up, making eye contact with him.

"You wanna come play hide and seek with all of us? your dad is even playing" he askes in hopes of bringing some good energy into the house.

I give him a weak smile and a nod and push myself up.

We both walk outside into the yard where everyone is.

"Alright I'm it," Sirius says.

"Everyone else... HIDE" he says getting excited like a little kid.

I smiled to myself knowing that this was making my dad happy.

I quickly ran around the side of the house and hid between a pot and the wall.

I hold my breath trying to make the least amount of noise possible.

I relaxed a little thinking that he wouldn't find me.

But, the second I put my guard down Sirius had jumped right in front of me causing me to jump in fear.

We both look at one another before bursting out laughing.

"You found me," I say in between breaths.

"I always will," He says looking me in the eyes.

There was a moment of almost sadness but he quickly redirected my attention.

"Now help me find the others"

I jump to my feet and begin looking around the yard, most people have been found but there was one person that was still missing. Fred.

I walk to the back of the yard and see a familiar tuff of ginger hair behind a bunch of bushes.

I giggle a little bit because Fred definitely thinks nobody will find him. 

I slowly crept up behind him and placed both my hands on his shoulders.

"found you" I giggle.

Fred jumps up and turns around and looks at me, eyes wide.

"You bloody scared me," he says, dramatically grasping his chest.

"awe oh no, are you gonna die?" I ask while mocking him and dramatically pretending to faint

Fred gasps with attitude, "How dare you, I could never leave you here"

We both laugh and then make our way back inside with everyone else.

"Look who's finally here," Ron says eyeing Fred and I suspiciously.

"I reckon they were snogging" George laughs.

Sirius looks at George with the nastiest look I've ever seen and then gave Fred that exact same look.

"Nobody will be snogging y/n as long as I am here," He says in all seriousness.

The room goes completely silent and then erupts with laughter.

"W-what I'm not joking, I'm being Sirius" (wink wink) 

Everyone just continued laughing.

I took a moment to enjoy the atmosphere and everything going on around me, this would probably be one of the last times we would all be together enjoying a good laugh, full of pure joy and happiness.

It was at this moment I was content.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HI OMG, SO I JUST FOUND THIS DRAFT FOR THIS CHAPTER JUST SITTING HERE SO I MIGHT AS WELL POST IT SO THERE IS SOMETHING HERE UNTIL WINTER BREAK (WHICH IS WHEN I WILL START REGULARLY UPDATING AGAIN)

ALSO, THANK ALL OF YOU FOR BEING SO UNDERSTANDING AND CARING I LOVE YOU ALL SM <3333

another thing like I literally wanna be friends with all of you so if any of you are comfy like drop your TikTok or insta or whatever you use because I have literally every form of social media or like you can message me on here. BUT ONLY IF YOU ARE COMFORTABLE DO NOT FEEL OBLIGATED TO DO SO PLS, I UNDERSTAND SOME PEOPLE ARE NOT COMFORTABLE JUST GIVING OUT THEIR INFO!!

xoxo

you are loved <33