5- Enemies Ahead

"ARGGH! Get me out of here! HELP!" Was the first thing that some of the cookies on Gingerbrave's team woke up to. All that they could hear were yelling and squeals coming from the campsite. (Context: Madeleine kidnapped Licorice and brought him to the island not knowing what else to do with him. He did it because him and Espresso overheard his plans on harming everybody else on The Sods Islands.)
Gingerbrave and Madeleine exited their tents.
"What on earthbread?! What is Licorice Cookie doing here all tied up?!" Gingerbrave yelled.
"He was going to harm us and the team at the other island. I had no choice but to knock him out and tie him up." Madeleine walked up to the squirming cookie.
"Was it easy? We've been trying to catch this guy for months." Gingerbrave stared at the evil cookie.
"Yes, very easy! For me at least.." Madeleine replied.
Licorice turned his head away, offended. He scoffed.

So this is what Madeleine and Espresso took so long to do, hm? Gingerbrave shook his head.

Meanwhile, Espresso was still asleep in Madeleine's tent, unaware of the commotion. Other Cookies like Herb, Raspberry, and Chili Pepper were still asleep aswell.
Latte ran down the ramp that went up to the ship with a basket in her hands. The morning sun shined in her eyes.
"Breakfast!" Latte went down to where Gingerbrave and Madeleine were, standing in front of the two. "Fresh from the Jellybean Farm."
"Ooh!" Ginerbrave took a jellybean from the basket and popped it into his mouth.
"Amazing! We definitely need to grow more of these jellies." Gingerbrave grabbed another.
             "Get me out of here! Hhhh!" Licorice continued to struggle.
"Madeleine, why don't you awaken the others. It's getting a little late in the morning. She looked at her watch. The time showed 9:28.
"Sure thing." Madeleine walked away.
"Espresso, wake up please!" Madeleine placed a hand on Espresso's shoulder.
"Hhuh, what.?" Espresso sat up.
"Are you awake?" He looked into Espresso's tired eyes.
Espresso dusted himself off. "I'm awake. Go away now." Espresso walked out of the tent and to the area where Gingerbrave and the others were.
"Ooh nice cape, Espresso!" Latte smirked. She giggled a little bit.
"Wh-What.?" Espresso looked around him. "Huh?!" Madeleine's cape lightly fluttered in the morning wind just behind him. He glared at Madeleine.
The coffee mage ran right up to the knight. "Did you put this on me while I was sleeping?" Espresso took the cape off over his head. He threw it at Madeleine's face.
"Espresso, you looked cold. You should be appreciative." Madeleine took the cape off of himself. He put it back on and crossed his arms.
"But I—"
"Guys, wake the others up! We need to eat!" Latte interrupted.
Madeleine walked over to Chili Pepper's tent and woke her up without being rude or disruptive. Not like he was rude or disruptive to Espresso, of course.
"Good morning, Chili Pepper Cookie! Will you wake up the others?" She woke up immediately.
"Yeah. WAKE UP SLEEPYHEADS!!" Chili pepper shouted at the top of her lungs, waking everybody, even the ones who were already awake. All attention was turned to her.
"What are you guys looking at?!" Chili Pepper scowled. She made her way to a stump near the blown out campfire to sit down.
Herb and Rasperry yawned as they opened up their tents and made their way to where the others were. They didn't even want to question why there was a cookie tyed up against a tree.

"Jellies!" Herb excitely picked a few jellies from the basket Latte held. The rest of the team's morning consisted of just eating and talking. They mostly talked about future strategies for defeating monsters in the next island they were supposed to travel to. Gingerbrave held up a piece of paper that Wizard Cookie had given him.

"Here's a small map of where we're supposed to travel completely. The Soda Islands is such a large area and we're only exploring a small part of it!" Gingerbrave held the map out for everybody to see.