7- Warm

Just realized that the wings aren't a part of the cape, but a part of Madeleine's armor. Whoops// cover photo

             Also, let me know if I've already posted this chapter. I swear I've posted one of these scenes and I included the cover photo of this chapter and somebody asked a question about it and it's strange that I already remembered posting more than I already have. I realized yesterday that this story was missing 5k+ words that I haven't posted and I know that some people have been patiently waiting for more so yeah, sorry.

Madeleine got up and stretched his arms. He had been reading one of Espresso's books on Coffee magic for the past few hours. Of course it was confusing, but it was something to do. Madeleine hoped Espresso didn't mind him borrowing the book.
             The time was 6AM, and the sun had just started rising.

             Espresso yawned. He looked around the boat. The cold weather ended up causing him to wake up earlier than everybody else.
             Espresso looked down to see that he was wearing Madeleine's usual cape.. again.
             "Good morning!" Madeleine greeted the tired mage.
             "Good morning.." Espresso sipped on a cup of coffee, completely forgetting about Madeleine's cape (HAH BOZO)

             "You seem energetic." Espresso looked up at Madeleine.

             "I'm really not." Madeleine moved closer to the other, revealing his eyebags.

             "Do you mind if I share your coffee with you?" Madeleine took a seat next to the coffee mage.

             "I don't mind, here. Keep in mind, it's very bitter." Espresso handed the cup of coffee to the exhaused knight.

             "Thanks."

             "This is very bitter." Madeleine made a face as he sipped the coffee, trying his best trying not to spit it out.

             "I could create a sweeter one if you would like." Espresso stated.
             "No, it's fine. How often do you make espressos? Madeleine asked.
             "Pretty often. I create it by using a spell I've been practicing ever since I left the Republic."
             "That's nice." Madeleine replied.

             ...

             "You seem to be less annoying when you're tired." Espresso sighed, leaning his head back against the side of the ship.

             "Is that so?" Madeleine smiled, sipping the coffee again.

             "Yes." Espresso said, adjusting his glasses.

             "Maybe you're thinking that because we've never actually had a real conversation before." Madeleine laughed.

             "..Maybe." Espresso replied. A smile could be seen spreading across his face.

             "I'm going to go check to see if the others are awake." Madeleine got up off of the wooden floorboards of the ship.

             "Alright then." Espresso replied.

               ...

             What if I just.. Madeleine poked the sleeping Red Velvet cookie.
             Red Velvet's eyes opened in an instant.
             "You.." Red Velvet attempted to get up, but Licorice had been thrown and piled on top of him the other night. He realized that he couldn't move. Licorice's body was too heavy to get off of his arms.
             Madeleine placed his hand near Red Velvet's neck, preparing to knock him out once again.
             "Don't you dare ever do that again, I've slept for almost two full days because of you..!" Red Velved groaned.