17- Despisition

Last chapter just proves how lazy my writing looks when I'm tired, how embarrassing. Oh well, I just had to get that chapter out so ahh

———
Look at me, thinking deeply about somebody I hate with all my heart. It's a shame I know this supposedly perfect man so well. Espresso thought to himself. He frowned.

...
But what does he think of me?

Espresso continued to inspect the Knight Commander from afar. He noticed how Madeleine Cookie's long, blonde hair glimmered in the pale moonlight.

Finally, Espresso was able to look away from the man who seemed like the definition of pure light. His eyes lay on the knight standing next to him. He wondered who it could be as he'd never seen the other cookie often.

I simply cannot approach the two out of curiosity. I couldn't imagine being noticed by Madeleine again.. Not tonight. He looked away.

"Espresso Cookie!"

Espresso quickly turned his head back to face the knight. Madeleine sprinted towards the shorter cookie.

Madeleine smiled at the sight of Espresso even with the large frown plastered across his face. "How are you doing on this fine night?

Espresso shook his head.

"Oh really? I'm sorry to hear that.. Is there anything I could do?" Madeleine asked with sympathy.

"Get out of my face. Without you in sight, I'm always in a perfect mood." Espresso responded.

Madeleine showed a look of shock. "Espresso Cookie I.." *sigh* "If that's what you wish. I was only asking if you were in need of comfort."

Espresso slowly began to walk away. "I apologize if I hurt your feelings. It's only the truth."

Madeleine waved. "Don't worry about it, I completely understand you!" He continued to smile before showing a disappointed expression when Espresso's eyes were surely not glaring at him.

—————

Espresso revealed a normal expression as he began to walk through the snowy sidewalk and back to his sweet dwelling.

He understands me? Sure.. Sure he does. Espresso thought as he looked back at Madeleine who was back to speaking to the other knight.

But he was trying to help me, I could see it.
Should I really quit showing so much scornfulness and just treat you the way you treat me? Espresso frowned again, realizing he'd been too harsh. He acts this way out of instinct to things he dislikes.

—————

Knight Cookie watched as Madeleine approached him again. "What was that?"

Madeleine happily sighed. "Earthbread's greatest coffee magic wielder. He's incredible." He grinned. "Espresso Cookie is one of the most unique people I've ever come across. Though he's concerning at times, he really is a great person. I could go on and on about him for hours!

"I already know who Espresso Cookie is. The entire Kingdom does. In fact, probably every powerful magic user probably has knowledge of him." Knight Cookie replied.