9- Basilisk

The orange sky revealed itself upon the magnificent lands of Earthbread. That wasn't the only pure thing. The air was calm, and everything was quiet except for small talking amogst the cookies.

Espresso brushed through his tangled long, tangled hair with his fingers, unable to put it in his signature style. But that was alright, he didn't mind.

...

With everybody's contribution, their hard work on clearing their small portion of The Tropical Soda Islands had almost been completed. Although that was finished, their mission was not. What's a quest without a boss? Of course there's a boss! Where else would those sea serpents come from? Haha

               ...

             "You know, I was thinking about that one night where we stayed up until early in the morning to walk through the unexplored forest." Madeleine said.

"Okay," Espresso replied carelessly. He continued to stare off into the dream-like sky.

"Would you like to, perhaps.. Join me again in looking through the wonderous sights of the woodlands?"

Espresso's eyes brightened and he formed a smile.

Espresso hid his joyous expression. "Mhm.. Maybe," he mumbled.

Your brown eyes glisten in such a way that I cannot keep myself away from, Madeleine thought as he examined the blissful expression on Espresso's face.

"Well then, let's take our leave and safely venture through the Island." Madeleine said as he began walking away. He gestured for Espresso so follow him. He complied.

Getting from the beach to the path of trees and tall, dark grass went by like a breeze.

"I'm glad that we have something in common despite our opposite personalities," Madeleine said with a smile.

"And that is?" Espresso asked.

Madeleine glanced at Espresso. "What we're currently doing right now, looking at the beautiful sights of the forests that Earthbread has to offer." He replied.

Madeleine grinned upon seeing Espresso smile.

Espresso looked up to see Madeleine's vision locked onto his eyes once again. Madeleine's expression was filled with kindness and curiosity.

I can't help but notice the way he looks into my eyes, it's like he desires something that I wouldn't know of, Espresso thought as he turned his head away.

Madeleine turned his head to one of the tall, vegatationous hills standing far from where they were walking.

"Espresso, why don't we go over to that hill over there? It looks quite worthy of exploration." Madeleine suggested as he pointed to the distant hill.

             "Are you sure? There are dark clouds circled around it. It indicates danger." Espresso replied.

             Madeleine looked back at Espresso. "Isn't that what we came here to do? Overcome the dangers of this mission?" He asked.

             "I suppose you're have a point." Espresso hesitantly touched Madeleine's hand. He grabbed onto it and began leading him to the dark mountain.

             ...

             "Caves."Espresso said as he stared at the sight. Him and Madeleine had made it to the hill just after a few minutes of walking.