8- Your Protection

Long gay chapter? I think yes!

             Night time arrived sooner or later. The rest of the team cleared the rest of the island in no time and had found themselves back at the shore.

             "Where are those two cookies?" Raspberry, confused, glanced at the empty space that Red Velvet and Licorice lied in earlier that day.

             "They must have escaped, but it's alright. If Gingerbrave sails the boat nearby the last Island we're supposed to clear, we will be able to leave Red Velvet and Licorice stranded." Madeleine replied, slightly proud of his idea.

             "You're cruel." Espresso said, looking up at him. Madeleine shrugged.

             "That's a great idea!" Gingerbrave exclaimed, beginning to move the boat away from the shore. "Alright then, who's staying up to watch over the ship..?"

             "I don't mind staying up another night." Madeleine stated.

             "Madeleine, then you'll have stayed up for two full days. Don't do that."
Espresso interrupted.
             "Why not?" Madeleine asked.

             "It's unhealthy."
             "Since when do you care about my health?" Madeleine folded his arms.

             "Wipe that smile off of your face. I don't give a shit about your health."

             "Language, Espresso!" Gingerbrave shouted at the annoyed coffee mage. Espresso hadn't realized that almost everybody else on the boat could hear their conversation.

             Espresso rolled his eyes, walking across the boat to Madeleine.

             "You can go and get decapitated by another snake for all I care." Espresso whispered.

             Madeleine scoffed. He turned his head away from him. "The Divine protects me from such dangers.." Madeleine mumbled.

             "Not everything is about the Divine, Madeleine." Espresso sighed, sitting down and resting with his head against the side of the ship.

             "Well, you see—" Madeleine said, crouching down to sit next to him before being interrupted.

             "I don't want to hear anymore about the Divine Grace, or the Light, so shut up!" Espresso looked away.

             "WHO hurt you?" Madeleine asked.

             "Nobody, you're just so irritating and I feel as if I loose braincells just hearing you speak." Espresso sighed.

             "You sound tired. Get some sleep?" Madeleine frowned, ruffling Espresso's hair.

             "No." Espresso sighed.

             "Come on, just sleep." Madeleine smiled.

             "You sleep." Espresso groaned. "I'm sick and tired of you." He ran his fingers through his hair to fix it.

             "Too bad. I'll be by your side until this mission is over." Madeleine yawned, placing one his arms around Espresso, kind of like a side hug. He moved his head against Espresso's.
             "Don't tell me you're going to fall asleep in that position." Espresso attempted to push Madeleine away from himself.

             "Probably.."

             Madeleine stayed right beside Espresso. He almost looked as if he was cuddling the other.