16- Break

I didn't feel like proofreading. I have too much homework and I've been working on this for probably over a week now! I just cannot keep this in the drafts for that long. Expect lots and lots of mistakes and confusing sentences that make no sense at all!! And an awkward ass beginning too i have no idea why i thought of that I dont like it but I don't hate it?!!/282 ykwim??

Espresso woke up to the fragrance of sweet sugar. He kept his eyes shut and stayed resting on whatever he was resting on.

My head is throbbing..

"Mmh.." Espresso placed one of his hands on his head to feel that somebody elses was already there. Huh? Espresso opened his eyes. Madeleine.

Wait.. Madeleine?! Espresso finally processed what he was seeing. He was being cuddled close to by Madeleine and he had been resting his head on his chest the entire night before. His eyes closed shut, too tired and weak to do anything.

Madeleine woke up a few hours later and looked down. He had his arms tightly around Espresso while he was sound asleep. Gently, he placed him down and looked off into the distance. He could see the boat nearing closer and closer to the Kingdom. Others were already awake but Espresso, Raspberry, and Herb were still sleeping. Gingerbrave was still navigating the boat. Poor thing, he was up all night getting the boat to safety and hes like the youngest in the team.

Espresso woke up again, alone this time. He quickly looked around the boat and nobody was seen. He looked to his side. The boat was anchored at the dock of the Kingdom. Espresso then grabbed his things and rushed off of the ship and onto the dock. Gingerbrave's team and the other were standing on the dock and chatting with eachother.

Now, before anybody says anything about this book being titled "An Eventful Mission" and how nothing too major took place on the Tropical Soda Islands, I'm positive that either Gingerbrave, Latte, or Madeleine had dialogue in one of the beginning chapters that mentioned that there would still be World Exploration after the expedition across the Islands. I do not expect any of you to remember that due to this book having 40,000+ words in it. Yes, I do mainly mention in the description that this would take place mostly on the Tropical Soda Islands, but I've been able to think of better ideas for this story that included either being inside of the Kingdom or out in the unexplored forests surrounding it. Neighboring Kingdoms as well.

"Good morning, Espresso! We've been awaiting you." Gingerbrave exclaimed.

Espresso shielded his eyes from the bright sun. "Hello.." He replied.

"We were just talking about plans for when we leave the Kingdom again. We'll rest today and leave again tommorow morning."

Espresso frowned and looked at the ground without a response. Don't think Espresso is rude or anything he literally just woke up.

"What troubles you, friend? We get the whole day to ourselves!" Madeleine said.

"I have so many experiments to catch up on.. It'll probably take me until February of next year to fully finish was I've missed! And I'm just so stressed because now we'll probably have even stronger enemies to battle an—!"

"Calm down." Madeleine said with a bit of worry in his voice

Espresso had no time for another expedition. The amount of work, experiments, and studying that had to be done were immense.

"If you'd just relax yourself and take a break for today, we can save our Kingdom, and you can worry about work later."

"You know nothing about my work! Stop trying to help." Espresso snapped.