C H A P T E R 6 0

— • —

Chapter 60: The Last Fight II

( A/N: This story is about to finish with just a few chapters... I am quite happy because I was able to finish this without making shitty plots but I think it's a bit sad for you readers... Hahahahaha! Don't worry! I have plenty of novels to read! )

The crescent moon and the starry constellation followed Xin Yue with a single hand gesture, and the Sun Palace was completely demolished in an instant. Both the younger generations tasked with ensuring the safety of the Heaven Realm and the Gods beyond were taken aback. Leading the Heaven Realm's Protection, Dan Cianxi attempted to rush in to save the Sun God, but he was blasted by a massive wave of odd energy instead.

"What is happening?!" Mei Tengxui asked as she healed the others who got involved with the huge powerful wave.

Dan Cianxi got back up again, Mei Tengxui was about to heal her too but she insisted and shook her head, "Tengxui-shijie, heal the ones in need. We need to capture His Highness Xin Yue. He escaped last time and this shouldn't happen again. Even if he is one of the Royal Blood, we can't tolerate this as the protectors of the Heaven Realm."

"But isn't the Xin Family the ones who should protect the Heaven Realm?" A certain God said, "Then why is this happening? Why is the one that should protect our realm, is the one destroying it?!"

"I knew that we shouldn't acknowledge that man!" Another god yelled, "He grew up and lived in the Mortal Realm! And his attitude is hostile and aggressive! Like that of a beggar! He shows no kindness and gratefulness at all! It was obvious that he would bring downfall to us Gods!"

"Shut up, old geezers." The whole crowd was quiet when Qian Lian spoke. Mei Tengxui tried to stop her but Qian Lian aggressively pushed her away and continued to speak, "You call yourselves Gods?! You rely on us young ones! You act all high and mighty but aren't all of us originally humans?! We are different from the Xin Family and Jing Family! They came directly from the Ancient Gods! Don't badmouth the honor of the originals and make it sound like you fakes are the righteous ones!"

The old gods were outraged, "How disrespectful! This is the reason why you're not renowned, unlike Mei Tengxui!"

Mei Tengxui was going to curse the elder for saying it, but she noticed Qian Lian's face of anger, so she ultimately chose to remain silent. With blood streaming down on the old god's flesh, Qian Lian's slender blade was on his neck in an instant. "Old man, don't you dare compare me to this woman. Gods aren't for entertainment and popularity. They serve and protect, balance the four realms, and bring peace to the world. Unlike all of you who had nothing to do but gamble, seek beauty, and spread all of your riches and luxuries to the world. Pathetic."

"J-Jiejie..." In an attempt to soothe her, Mei Tengxui reached out to her. But Qian Lian just gave her a fleeting glance before turning and walking away, directly toward the Sun Palace, followed by Dan Cianxi and the other youthful guardians.

"Your Highness Jing Lin." The man who had just arrived caught everyone's attention. The others wanted to hold onto him, but they realized that flattery wasn't the right move, so they chose to remain silent. Banyue moved toward the middle of the throng until he came upon the demolished Sun Palace and the recognizable divine energies permeating the atmosphere.

Mei Tengxui went forward and started to explain, "Your Highness, The Crescent Moon God and His Majesty the Sun God are fighting. We don't know the reason but it seems dangerous to rush———"