C H A P T E R 2 7

— • —

Chapter 27: Divine Trial, Part 4

"The black tortoise is not bulging from my attacks. Nature attributes do not affect it," Mei Tengxui said as she withdrew both hands and took a step back.

The massive black tortoise roared as it pushed aside the thick vines. As the tortoise began walking towards the fleeing gods, the ground trembled from the deafening sound. A bolt of lightning was about to strike the tortoise's head, but the tortoise quickly retreated inside its shell just as the thunder struck.

"Xiao Cianxi," Mei Tengxui said as she shifted her gaze to the woman who was arching her brows and staring at the tortoise.

(Xiao means little.)

The Thunder God's fourth daughter, who was named Dan Cianxi, shifted her gaze to Mei Tengxui and said, "Tengxui-shijie, this black tortoise is a god-tier demon. It's quite tricky because its shell has a full defense, like unbreakable armor. Its damage is low, but its defense is high."

Mei Tengxui nodded as she stared down at the tortoise. "I see. So, the two Martial-tier demons are the ones with high offense abilities, and this God-tier tortoise is the one with high defense. That's why this turtle is in the front."

"Mmn." Dan Cianxi nodded. She turned around and yelled, "To those of my members who are still willing to fight! Come with me and let's come up with a plan!"

"But Cianxi-shijie... how are we going to defeat that monster? It won't even budge from your attacks!"

"That's right, Cianxi-shijie!"

"What do we do?"

As Dan Cianxi looked down at the terrified young gods, her veins began to bulge on her forehead. Her dark eyes shone with a golden radiance, and her long black hair fluttered in the breeze. "So, you expect me to run like you? To run scared for my life? Is that it?" Dan Cianxi said with a serene tone, but her face was saying the opposite.

The young gods trembled in fear and shrunk back, "N-No, C-Cianxi-shijie... We were just saying that it's useless."

"What is useless?" Dan Cianxi asked again. The gods shrieked in fear and compressed to each other as they shut their mouths.

Dan Cianxi stared at them for a long time; she eventually sighed and turned around as she spoke, "Fine, you can go now."

The young gods let out a smile of relief. "C-Cianxi-shijie...."

"Cianxi-shijie is kind."

Dan Cianxi turned around, her tortilla-brown eyes radiating a glow and her brows turning into a frown. "But don't expect me to group you with me after I win this round."

"S-Shijie!——"

The ground shook slightly, and the massive black tortoise emerged from its shell, letting out a loud, vibrating roar that scared most of the few gods. The young gods who were gathered around Dan Cianxi were about to say something, but they were terrified and ran away from the gigantic black tortoise. Dan Cianxi returned her gaze to her group, her face bitter: "What a bunch of scared cats!"

A tail emerged from the back shell of the black tortoise. Dan Cianxi raised her eyes, and Mei Tengxui took a step back, her face concerned. The two women never took their gaze away from the god-tier demon and braced themselves in case the massive black tortoise suddenly attacked. However, it was not what they had anticipated. A loud shriek and hiss could be heard behind Mei Tengxui and Dan Cianxi, prompting the two women to turn around, followed by large, thick vines soaring upward for Mei Tengxui and a thunder-shaped spear in Dan Cianxi's hand.