Chapter 14: Everything Else

Catching a blonde who's trying to run away from imaginary danger is more fun than it sounds. Astrid looks almost hysteric as she looks over her shoulder to see if we're following her. Sadly for her, we were.

"Ahhhhh!" She screams wildly as Toothless picks her up off the ground.

"The view looks amazing when you're not screaming!" I shout over her.

"(Y/n) not right now." Hiccup sighs and I just frown lightly.

"I need humor to cope." I say seriously as Toothless drops her onto a tree branch and lands. Whiplash grips onto the trunk of the tree next to a hanging Astrid looking at my blonde friend curiously.

"What is that?!" She shouts and I look out from behind Whiplash's neck.

"Oh this is my Razorwhip Whiplash." I beam holding onto her neck lightly, "she's actually really sweet so you'll be fine." I wave my hand up and down.

"Hiccup! (Y/n)! Get me down from here!" Astrid shouts mainly to Hiccup who's Nightfury wore a crap-eating grin.

"You have to give us a chance to explain." Hiccup says to her desperately.

"I'm not listening to anything either of you want to say!"

"Then I won't speak," Hiccup tells her calmly holding his hands in front of him; his eyes, just for a second softening. "Just let me show you." Astrid looks down to the ground probably realizing Toothless was the best option.

"Why do I feel like this is going to go bad?" I whisper to Whiplash and she just gives a laughing sound.

Astrid pulls herself to the top of the branch she was previously hanging from. As she places her hand on Toothless he growls deeply causing her to hesitate. Hiccup being the nice person he is held his hand to her to help her get onto Toothless, though Astrid wasn't in the best mood so she slapped it away.

"Alright, now get me down." Astrid demanded holding her arms out to the side. Toothless and Whiplash were currently talking about something bobbing their heads and gurgling.

"Alright Toothless, take us down. Gently." Hiccup told the now very smug looking dragon and the way Whiplash was preparing I knew what was about to happen.

"Oh no." Was all I got out before both of our hyperactive dragons launched into the air.

All you could hear was Astrid screaming as she almost fell off of Toothless. We leveled out for only a moment before the dragons closed their wings and we fell toward the earth. Though with how everything in my life was falling apart I felt no fear. I opened my arms and accepted the feeling of weightlessness.

"Toothless what are you doing? we need her to like us!" Hiccup shouts as he dips them into the ocean water making me snort.

Whiplash and Toothless spin into the air and I smile opening my arms widely. "Thank you for nothing; you useless reptile." I hear Hiccup say sarcastically while Astrid gripped into his body for dear life.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Just get me off of this thing!" Astrid screams and another shout sounds as dragon wings catch the wind current.

We glide to be above the clouds the sun setting over the water line. Whiplash's scales reflecting the light in all different directions. Astrid removing her face from Hiccups back and looking at the white clouds turned orange. Rays of light fall through small openings to make light shapes all over the clouds.

Breaking through the clouds we see Berk in its entirety the lights coming from the small houses. Astrid rests her chin on Hiccups shoulder which made him blush deeply and I felt a pang low in my heart. Green and purple lit up the dark sky in streaks and we all watch in awe of the beauty that the sky produces.