15 • Fire

Writer's pov

Writer's pov

Two days passed away. Payal tried her best to stay away from Veer. Even though whenever he called her, she managed to send someone else. She stopped even going in front of him. She thought that staying away from veer will help both of them. But it was not.

Veer couldn't take himself out of his thoughts. Veer sat at his chamber , trying to focus on his works. He was supposed to be reviewing the plans for the new rules but his mind kept wandering back to the last conversation with Payal.

He could not gulp the facts that Payal now even stopped coming near him. She seemed to be totally dissappeared from the palace. But Veer knew that she was somewhere there.

And he wanted to meet her. He wanted to tell her about the storm of his heart.

Veer was sure of the feelings he was holding. He wanted to tell all these to Payal. But he wasn't given a chance.

Suddenly, his reverie was shattered by a cacophony of screams and the clanging of alarm bells. He stood up swiftly. As he strode out of his chamber, the chaos unfolded before him. He could not see anyone there but the screams were still coming from somewhere. He became alert that something has gone wrong in the palace. Without thinking much, he took steps in the direction of the screams. The more he was walking, there more he saw the thick smoke which was coming m from the palace kitchen. The servants were rushing out in a panic.

He noticed that his brother, rajkumaar Stavya & sister, rajkumaari Chahat were already present there. He ran to them and saw that the kitchen was burning.

" Pani lao sabh " Stavya ordered and some attendees rushed out to get water.

( someone come with water)

" Aag kese laga? " Asked Veer but no one had any answer.

( how did it fire?)

Veer looked here and there. He wanted everyone to be safe. He did not know the all the attendee's faces but still tried to find if everyone is out or not. But suddenly he felt like his heart was lurching. Where is Payal? She is not present outside.

" Payal? " He called out her name with a raised tone but the noise was too much there.

Without a second thought, Veer dashed towards the fire. The heat was intense, the smoke a blinding, choking veil. But he did not care.
" Bhai where are you going?" Stavya tried to stop him by holding his hand but he jerked it off. " No my payal is inside " His voice shook, he seemed scared. Stavya has seen this scared Veer for the first time.

Veer plunged into the inferno without caring about anyone. The fire licked at his skin, the heat oppressive, but he pushed forward.The air was thick with smoke, stinging his eyes and searing his lungs with every breath. He could feel the heat searing through his clothes, the intensity of the blaze threatening to overwhelm him. But at this time he could care about those very less.