10 • Shameless Prince

Payal

Payal

" Not you "

He stopped me. The duster I was holding fall down suddenly. I bent down to pick it up and my bangles giggled, breaking the silence of the room.

" I need to clean that shelf too. Can I go? " When he was not saying anything, I decided to break the silence. Pointing at the next shelf I stated. But his gaze did not change at all, neither he responded to me.

" Kaam chhorke batein kar rahi thi apnk saheli ke sath" I saw him crossing his arms around his chest and said that.

( you were talking to your friend without doing your work)

I gulped being nervous and regretted speaking with Chandni. Now what will he happen to me? Even though I have spent such a nice time with him last night, even though I am less scared of him today, but still little bit fright was there.

I pressed my lips together tightly and hoped that he wouldn't make a fuss on it.

" Abh thoda sa baat toh har koi karta hai " I said and a small pout formed on my lips. He didn't have to scold me for this now.

( everyone talks this much)

I stepped back suddenly because he started to come closer.

" Aur mere baat bare mein baat chal rahi thi "

( and you were talking about him "

He said making my eyes wide. Did.... Did he hear everything? Every bit of it? Oh no... What was the need of telling this much Payal? You're seriously so bad! My face, neck , even hands started to be red in embarrassment. I looked down at my feet, trying to stop him giving the view of my face.

" Kar rahi thi na? "

( you were talking about me, right? )

He asked again ahhh! Why is he asking again and again.

Without thinking much, I shook my head in no. And dared to look at him. His brow raised.

Slowly I opened my lips and stated. " I d... did not... " Maybe I could lie...

Rajkumaar tilted his head and said, " Par humne toh rajkumaar veer ka naam suna... " I gulped and he brought his face closer. " Woh bhi tumhare hi muh se nikalte huye "

( but I heard the name of prince Veer and that too from your lips!)

" Rajkumaar Veer? I don't even know him " I blurted oit without thinking about anything. But seriously Payal? Seriously? Rajkumaar Veer is standing in front of you and you are saying this....

I palmed myself mentally for my own stupidity.

His brows went wider, obviously didn't understand the meaning behind of my words. He was clearly puzzled because of my act. And honestly I could not quite grasp it myself.