32 • More Worthy Than Anyone

Payal

Payal

Just as i opened the door, I found payal standing. Her eyes were filled with tears. Her throat shivered while saying "humein...... aa... aapse baat karni hai...
apko bhi baat karna padega... " The voice came out being broken and shaky. And with that a round of sobs left from her mouth and she started crying. Her sobs started to pierce in my heart. And I simply had to drop the plan of ignoring her.

( I... I want to talk to you.... And you have to talk to me as well)

I wanted to ignore her. Really really wanted to do that. But that was getting tough as well. The more I wanted to stay away from her, my heart was making firm moves that I needed to see her.

And right now all my plannings, plottings went to vain. Her face looked like as if all the shine was taken away from her. I sighed and didn't waste a moment before taking her in my embrace.

I hugged her. Tightly in my arms.

Our fight can wait but not her tears.

At first, she needed to calm down. I needed to calm her down.

Putting my hands on her back, I started to caress her in a soothing manner. And holding the cloth of my kurta, she kept on crying. I could understand how her tears were wetting my kurta but I did not complain as well. It's been many days since we haven't spoken a word. We haven't even met each other perfectly. So the hug was needed.

And her cries were important to let out that pain from her heart.

And then slowly I closed the door of my chamber.

I looked at her, she was still weeping and I didn't know how to stop her. "Payal" I tried calling her but only her sobs were audible.

Taking a deep breath, I took her in bridal style. Suddenly she looked at me with those teary, broken eyes. A glint of confusion and questions were there. Without saying a word, I took her to my bed and made her sit with me, close to me. She was still looking down but her cries were little less

We sat in silence at first and then I saw her shifting herself far from me. Little by little, but she was shifting far. I held her hand instantly to stop her.

" Kya baat karna tha? "

( what did you want to talk about?)

I ended up asking. Even though I decided to not talk to her but still ended up asking.

She gulped. " B.. Bohot kuch "

( so much)

She also replied being a little bit nervous. I frowned and asked, "toh baat karo, dur kyun ja rhi ho? " There was a denying to let her go from me. Don't know if she understood or not.