36 • Veer In Saree

Writer's pov

Writer's pov

" Kiska gussa kispe nikal diya... Rajkumaar se do pal thik se baat kar lena tha na Payal... Kya kardiya tumne yeh? "

(Whose anger did you take out on someone else… Payal, you should have talked properly with Rajkumar for a moment… What have you done?)

Payal's hands moved deftly while her mouth was speaking to herself and her mind was rushing with uncountable thoughts. Those thoughts fueled the speed of her hands in the work. She was regretting behaving badly with Veer at every moment.

" Abh pata nhi woh humse milenge bhi ya nhi? Kal raat... Bas kal raat hi sabh sula kiya tha... Aj ke aj mein maine firse chizein bigad di"

(Now I don’t know if he will even meet me or not? Last night… Just last night I had settled everything… And today, I’ve messed things up again.)

She shook her head in disappointment.
The thing which happened just a few moments ago in Veer's chamber, wasn't leaving her mind. She sighed and didn't like the fact how she showed all the anger to him while he wasn't at fault.

She was so disturbed with in herself.

The clatter of utensils and her own voice was making so much noise that she even failed to hear the soft footsteps which were slowly entering in that room. Nor did she notice the shadow that fell across the kitchen's stone floor.

But someone entered in the empty kitchen and stood beside Payal.

" Humne unse firse jhamela kar liya.... Abh toh humein darr .... Darr bhi nhi.. Yakeen hai yakeen woh humse bohot bohot bohoooot gussa ho jayenge... Kabhi muh utha ke dekhenge tak nhi... "

( I have created trouble with him again… Now, it’s not even fear… It’s certainty, a certainty that he will be very, very, very angry with mr… he will never even look at me again)

Payal muttered within her own. And then suddenly a pair of hands landed on her waist protectively. Payal flinched visibly and was about to shout but that hand fell on her mouth, muffling her upcoming scream.

"Mmmmhhhhmmmmmaaaaaahhhhh"

Nothing... Not a word came out.

But she started to struggle in the hold. Her hands started to fight with the opposite figure already. And within this time payal understood that the person was a female. Someone in saree.

But who could it be?

"Mhhhhhmmmmm"

" Koi baat nhi.. Tum bas humare godi mein beithke meri hothon ko apni hothon se chhu lena... Hum khushi khushi sabh bhul jayenge"

( It doesn’t matter… You just sit in my lap and touch my lips with yours… I will happily forget everything)

A voice spoke. But Strange... The voice is not a female's.