30 • Veer Is Hurt

Payal

Payal

More two days passed away. And I was still doing my best to avoid rajkumaar veer. This was now my plan for rest of the life. Not meeting him, not seeing him, not talking to him. Though I try hard to not meet him , how could I erase him from my heart?

I could not sleep at nights and wondered what did I even meet him? What was I even the need? Why did God do it? He made me meet him, made him marry me and made me fall in love just to snatch him from me?

I chuckled sarcastically as a tear rolled from my eyes. From me? Me? Payal, you forget that you are just mere maid, a scratch in his life, his nightmare. Nothing more than that.

He is a prince, born as a royal blood and made for a royal blood. And I was nobody comparing to that.

Thoughts were racing in my head. I couldn't understand when I started crying. "Ahhh" I winced in pain when I felt like having a cut on my finger. I looked down to find blood. I winded my eyes and a sob left from my mouth.

I was cutting vegetables and could not understand when ended up cutting my finger. And dark red, warm blood started oozing out.

" Payal!! Be carefull" I heard Chandni who ran to me and started washing the blood hurriedly. "What are you doing? No.. Leave.. You have worked enough... Now leave.. " She started to blabber while wrapping a cloth on my finger.

Surprisingly that area wasn't hurting more than my heart.

Wiping my tears with another hand, I answered, "to live here, we need to work"

She sighed audibly before stating, "payal, you should meet rajkumaar" I pressed my eyes tightly hearing her words. Not again. "Payal, he has been looking for you everyday. He is asking other maids about you without caring about his dignity and leaving his attitude. Isn't it enough for you? " She asked, looking at me.

What? Enough for me? Why did she mention that? Am I even that important to care about what's enough for me and what is not?

And why is he doing this? Can't he understand that we have no future together. It was my mistake at first. I should not have come here with, I should have stayed far away from him. But now we both will suffer. He will be hurt for me.

"Even today, he is standing outside of your room, Payal! Why are you angry? "

" I am not angry " I muttered finally and another tear dropped down from my eyes getting that little information that he is waiting for me, outside of my room.

Why is he making me so important in his life?

" I don't know. You seem so sad to me. You always cry, got puffy eyes. Something is getting very wrong with you. I can't see you being like this Payal" Coming closer to me, Chandni gave me a side hug and added more "please listen to me, talk to him. He loves you alot Payal. Don't let this love go on waste. Don't you want to be happy with him? "