Chapter 2

"What's wrong with my baby?" Rueheart wailed to the medicine cat, Eveningflower. "Well nothing is wrong with her health by the looks of it." The orange she mewed, poking the white spots on the she-cat's face. "But the spots aren't coming off." She then turned her gaze to the black and now white kit. "You might have to stay in my den for a while, just to make sure this isn't going to spread to the clan." Inkkit nodded.

Over the moons, Inkkit and Eveningflower grew closer and closer, and the white spots quickly grew to her entire body. Inkkit even started helping Eveningflower with shelving herbs, sorting herbs and a bunch of other stuff. Inkkit even thought of becoming a medicine cat when she grew up a few times. Inkkit found excuses to go back to the medicine den to visit Eveningflower even after she was released. She saw Eveningflower as a second mom, or even an older sister. Olivekit started to notice and eventually got jealous because one day, he strolled up to Inkkit who was carrying fresh moss for Eveningflower and said "okay, what's happening with Eveningflower? Are you trying to become her apprentice?" He slashed his tail in a jealous rage. "Or are you replacing me?" His eyes were like chips of frozen leaves, cold to the touch. The stone under Inkkit's feet felt colder as they do in leaf-bare, even though it was green-leaf. "I..." The black and white she-kit was speechless.
Inkkit was thankfully saved by Eveningflower coming out of her den. "Oh! Inkkit! There you are! Come on and help me fluff up the nests!" Inkkit began padding into the den behind the medicine cat but she felt Olivekit's gaze boring into her back.

A few sunrises later, Inkkit found herself in the nursery with Olivekit, alone. "Look, Olivekit I'm so sorry." Inkkit meowed, her gaze soft with sorry. "Whatever, I'm sorry for being jealous I guess." He flicked his tail over his paws. Inkkit tried to find the words to try to make him feel better. But the only words that came out were "I promise I'll train to become a warrior with you!" The moment those words slipped out, her heart dropped. But did she want to be a warrior? "Do...do you really mean that?" Olivekit's eyes sparkled with hope as he met her gaze. "Well... well sure!" She nervously smiled as she straightened herself.
We're going to have our apprentice ceremonies soon, what am I thinking? She silently scolded herself.

Now that she said that, she must face the consequences. Now she must become a warrior of GorgeClan, but does she want to be?