Chapter 14

"You monster!" Inkpaw gave Wormwiggle a good scratch, sending him to the medicine den. "Olivepaw...?" The bloodied white tom's eyes were dull, yet weakly opened. "Hey, don't look so sad." Olivepaw's broken mew was hoarse. "I'll be just fine. We have to become warriors, remem-" He was cut off by a coughing fit with a bloody finale. "Don't worry about me." He put his paw on Inkpaw's bloody and tear-soaked cheek, then it fell. "Eveningflower!" Inkpaw screeched, choking back a sob. The ginger she-cat ran to the apprentices, let out a choked gasp and pelted off with Olivepaw. Inkpaw felt the ground beneath her shaking, her world was slowly crumbling.

      Olivepaw was Inkpaw's best friend, she couldn't lose him. Not him. Inkpaw waited for the news, she wasn't allowed in the den, she stayed awake for a few days, she was exhausted. But she needed to stay up to see Olivepaw the second Eveningflower would let her. After 12 days, Eveningflower padded into the den, a grim look on her beautiful face. "He... Olivepaw..." The medicine cat couldn't meet Inkpaw's worried and expected gaze. Eveningflower just shook her head and slouched over as tears dripped down her elegant face. Realization set in for Inkpaw and she immediately hopped to her paws and ran out of the den. She had to find Wormwiggle.

The sun was setting and it didnt take long to find the hairless tom. "You bastard!" Inkpaw screeched. Wormwiggle's attention was caught. "You killed him!" Inkpaw swiped her unsheathed claws at his face. "You killed your own apprentice!" Cats around gasped with surprise, some even began to sob. Wormwiggle looked taken aback but didn't protest, why? After Inkpaw almost ripped the tom to shreds, she was finally pulled back. Inkpaw was driven by grief. "You don't deserve this clan! They gave you a home!" She paused, choking back her tears. "They gave you a mate! They gave you an apprentice! They gave you the skills to fight and hunt! They gave you a life..." She stared at Wormwiggle's emotionless eyes, pinning him to the bloodied ground.

     "Don't.. say that you..." he paused "you fools..! Gave me a life." His eyes suddenly filled with rage and tears, kicking Inkpaw in the stomach. Inkpaw was sent straight into a stone wall, Inkpaw's vision went red and blurred. Blood. Then, everything went black.