Chapter 15

Inkpaw woke up to sunlight hitting her face, she blinked subconsciously. She had the worst headache of her life. "Mm?" She mumbled, hoarsely. Eveningflower perked out of the corner of her den and smiled. "Inkpaw! You're finally awake!" Inkpaw tilted her head. "Come come! We wanted to show you something!" We? Inkpaw warily hauled herself to her paws and limped out of the den, pressing herself against the medicine cat. Rueheart and Hauntingripple were waiting for Inkpaw outside the den and perked once they saw her. "Inkpaw!" Rueheart chirped, dashing towards Inkpaw to wrap herself around her kit. "Oh my kit!" Rueheart wailed. "Come come! We have a meeting for you!" Inkpaw was confused as she was pushed into the crowd of gathered cats. Once Inkpaw went to look for her sister, she saw Hauntingripple holding down Wormwiggle by the head.

      "What's going on?" Inkpaw asked her mother, who didn't reply. "Wormwiggle, you've acted like a rogue in my clan so we'll treat you like a rogue." Vineflights' eyes were slits. Inkpaw was confused, were they going to keep him here as prisoner? Or are they- "I, Vineflights of GorgeClan hereby sentence you to exile, or would you like me to avenge Olivepaw?" The leader's teeth were bared while his eyes were slits. Wormwiggle scrambled to his paws after Hauntingripple stepped off of him. They're really exiling him! Inkpaw thought, eyes wide. No matter what they did though, nothing could bring back her best friend.

     Spottedpaw looked to Inkpaw, a sad look on her face. Inkpaw couldn't help but bury her face into the tall calico's chest, sobbing. "Shh shh, it's okay. Olivepaw was brave, and he loved you so much." Spottedpaw consoled her friend but it didn't help but make Inkpaw cry even more. He loved her. They could've been mates. The black and white she-cat sighed. All of this could have been avoided if she hadn't promised Olivepaw she'd become a warrior with him. He died because of her. Inkpaw opened her eyes and perked as two spirits were standing in front of her. It was Pepperfur and Olivepaw! "Run!" They screeched. Inkpaw didn't hesitate, she jumped to her paws and pelted to the ramp.