Chapter 27

The large, bright moon shone high above the sky. Tonight is her night! Inkdip thought, wrapping her tail around Dirtpelt's as they sat down beside Ribbonkit. Inkdip's belly was plump and warm, she put Dirtpelt's paw on her belly. His amber eyes lit up as he realized. "You're expecting?" his face plastered a wide smile. "Yes, but we can't ruin Ribbonkit's moment!" the black-and-white she-cat looked over to her nearly-bouncing kit. "I wonder who is going to mentor me!" 

      "Well, we're about to find out, so hush!" Inkdip purred, affectionately as Lightflights hopped onto the place where she calls the meetings. "All cats old enough to fight off our enemies, gather beneath the Burntlog for a clan meeting!" the leader called, "today, we have a kit who has grown to the age of 6 moons. Ribbonkit, step forward." The pale gray and white kit hardly padded over, more so bouncing over. "You have great.. potential, I hope you use it to your advantage," there was a slight pause. "From this day on, you will be known as Ribbonpaw. And due to your obvious connection, I will be assigning Inkdip as your mentor. I hope she teaches you as well as she's raised you," Lightflights raised her chin as Inkdip and Ribbonpaw touches noses with one another, excitedly.

      Suddenly, Beetlebug stepped from the crowd. "Lightflights, we must speak to you," the orange scarred tabby blinked but nodded, mewing "this meeting is dismissed!" before jumping down and following the old medicine cat. Ribbonpaw eagerly ran over to the other apprentices, Webpaw and Rainpaw. Inkdip flicked her tail in greeting as Dirtpelt padded to her. "Congratulations, dear." Inkdip felt her heart flutter. "Yes, congratulations." Inkdip's former mentor, Mountainswoop padded forward. Inkdip dipped her head. "Thank you!" Mountainswoop only chuckled. "No need for formalities, you're a LightClan warrior now, not an outsider!" Inkdip smiled, slightly. She was officially a LightClan cat now! What now?