Chapter 20

Inkpaw opened her eyes and saw a beautiful forest, and starry spirits talking, smiling, and playing. "Where am I?" Inkpaw wailed, every cat looked to the apprentice, they all gaped at the sight of her. "Inkpaw!" Two cats chirped, "you're here!" It was Pepperfur and Olivepaw. Olivepaw tackled Inkpaw and they both laughed.

After a bit, Inkpaw rose to her paws, finally beginning to stop laughing. "Okay, but seriously. Why am I here?" The two FlyClan cats exchanged glances. "What do you mean, Inkpaw?" Olivepaw looked to the black and white apprentice, his head tilted. "You're dead, dear." Pepperfur murmured, a sorrowful look on her beautiful face. "What?" Inkpaw screeched. "No! I have to go back! I have to protect Ribbonkit!" She sobbed as she tried to dig into the ground, hoping to return to the living world.

     Pepperfur stepped foward. "You uh... you okay there?" Olivepaw tried to console her, but to no avail. "What are you doing, sitting there?!" Inkpaw shot up and growled. "My baby's in trouble! Open it again!" Inkpaw demanded. "I'm sorry, you're dead." Olivepaw's tone was stern now. "Open the fucking portal now!" Inkpaw snarled. "I-it won't open unless there's a potential point where you can be revived." Pepperfur.

      As Inkpaw kept digging into the ground, a large blue portal with pastel purple swirls opened and swallowed her whole, and she opened her eyes to hear: "Inkpaw!"