Böser Engel

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the art involved in this story, the artwork belongs to the respective owners and artists. I wish to take this moment and also make it known that unlike some of my other stories, this entire story itself is a warning as almost each chapter will have something dark or possibly disturbing in it. Meaning that I will only add an actual warning if things are very dark, triggering or sexual.

Allavanzor Library: Present Time

  The laughing had stopped as Aleksander ran a free hand over his face, still slightly chuckling as he looked back down at the corpse of the thug he had killed. Unlike the wolves who had captured him or the pitiful excuse who's head he caved in, this female looked ragged and filthy, even disgusting in his mind. Her clothing was patched leather and offset fur from prey animals, making her look less intimidating and more so something to be pitied than feared. Patrons within the library still stare on in fear and hesitation, as they believe he will turn his strange weapon on them next. They are proven wrong when he steps away from the dead thug and holsters his pistol, then leans down and grabs the legs of the corpse. Ursana already knows what he planning on doing and rushes towards the back door of the library, holding the door open as he drags the body towards the opening. The door to the back of the library leads out towards the forest, as the library is closer to the woods on this side of town than the other buildings. Ursana watches as Aleksander drags  the body down the stairs, the head bouncing off each wooden step before leaving a trail of blood towards trees. The owl female never loses sight of him, with her excellent vision it would be impossible to do so. After dragging the body a little further he simple drops it behind a bolder, covering it with fallen leaves he turns and walks back towards the library. Aleksander gives Ursana a respectful nod, then walked by her and is whistling casually to himself as he goes over to the body that laid near the entrance door, all eyes of the patrons on him and still thinking he could decide to kill them if he wished. Grabbing the body he once again begins the annoying process of dragging the body out the back door, all the while Ursana watches with a somewhat open mouth expression at how casually he is doing all of this. After the body is dragged away he comes back and once again gives a nod to Ursana, who closes and locks the back door of the library, bolting the door shut. Aleksander and her both watch as the patrons quickly leave out of the front door, Aleksander watches the last one leave before going over and closing the door, bolting it shut in the process.

    "We're dead, the Ravagers are gonna know what happened in just a few minutes. We can run but I don't know how far we will be able to get, gods above this is a shite day." Ursana gives an annoyed sigh rather than despair or sadness, Aleksander raises a brow at her words which makes her chuckle.
    "Gonna need to teach you Daeresh, if we make it out of this." She chuckles somewhat as she goes behind the administration desk and Aleksander's hears a door being unlatched. Ursana then disappears downwards. Aleksander walks over and sees a set of stairs leading downwards into a well stocked basement.
"We're gonna need to flee town and get as far from here as we can, maybe head to the capital." Ursana is more so talking to herself rather than him, Aleksander casually leans against the desk but keeps his eyes on the front entrance and windows. Hearing commotion from outside, he moved from the desk to one of the windows and looked outside as best he could. The man's eyes widened when he saw a group of roughly 20 riders from the fort, noticing that one officer was among them if the dark blue cape on the armor was any indication.

"Verdammt!" He growls to himself and backs away from the window, quickly going back over to the cellar door and looking down at Ursana who was finishing packing things, even grabbing books on a shelf as well.
"Beeil dich, wir müssen los!" He says to her, looking back towards the front door. Ursana has no clue what he is saying, but the urgency in his voice is obvious. Finishing grabbing what she could, she quickly ascended the stairs and allowed Aleksander to close the door.