Rebirth

Disclaimer: I do not own the art involved in this story, any art I do own was directly commissioned for said story. All other art belongs to their respective owners and franchises.

Hurokna Fortress: Present Time

Entering into the barracks, after outright threatening Lacina, Aleks puts his pistol back in its holster before suddenly ripping his helmet from his head. He barely restrains himself from throwing it against the wall, breathing deeply to try and calm himself down. Thoughts and emotions running through his head, thinking of what he has just done and how far reaching the consequences can be. He not only threatened Lacina, the matriarch of the family that took him in, but threatened to start an outright war with all of them. Threatened to attack not only the royals, but also the Hurokna's at the same time. The pack of wolves who had defended him and taken care of him, and he them, has bud madness truly come this far. A deep breath leaves him, one of both frustration with himself and his own madness. The rest of his men are sitting around, waiting to hear what he has to say or what orders he gives them. He knew that despite how different the language might seem, it was basically English and he knew some of them probably understood what he had said. Looking at all of them, he walked further into the room and leaned against one of the bunks. Holding his helmet in one hand, he would run his fingers through his hair with the other.

"Wir werden morgen früh nicht abreisen, ruhen Sie sich etwas aus. Ich werde bald zurück sein. We won't be leaving tomorrow morning, get some rest. I'll be back soon." Aleks says to them before turning and walking back out of the barracks door, staring at the massive hall across the open courtyard. A snake rests across his face, before he swallows down the vile feeling of his pride creeping up.
'I am a damn fool, a bloodthirsty fucking fool'. He thinks to himself as he starts to walk across the courtyard, hands resting at his side.

Reaching the doors of the hall, he pushes one of them open and walks inside. A majority of the wolves have entered the hall and were feasting, as the hall was primarily empty when his outburst had taken place. Nevertheless, he felt eyes immediately upon him and knew who they belonged to. Lifting his head just enough, he saw Lacina glaring at him from the table. Groaning to himself he began to make his way towards the table, waving to wolves that called out to him who recognized him. Reaching the table, he stares directly at Lacina and paid no attention to anyone else. A deep sigh escapes him and his lip quirks slightly, fighting the urge to snarl and grimace at her.

"Will you speak with me, in private?" He asks, sounding as professional as he can. Even though he would much prefer just to start the war right then and there, but he realized that this wasn't what he wanted. He didn't want to fight her, he didn't want to fight any of them, all he wanted was to die.

"Of course, Aleksander. Please excuse Horus, my daughters." Lacina spoke evenly to him and to the others, then stood up from her chair. Tassandra tried to get Aleks' attention, but he didn't look at her as he followed her mother to a separate room. Once the door had been shut and unknowingly to Lacina, locked by Aleksander, Lacina immediately turned on Aleksander.
"What in the name of all the gods is wrong with you? Do you realize that you openly threatened me and my family, not only with what you did to the royal army cavalry, but your actions but a mere few minutes ago?!" She asks sharply, berating Aleks like he was one of her children.

"You think I not know that, why else am I here? I... I apologize for my actions, I do not wish to be like this but no other way." Aleks says, taking his helmet off and running his hand through his hair, which is somewhat of a habit.

"What do you mean, 'no other way'? You don't have to keep being a killer, Aleks, there is more to life than that." Lacina tries to explain to him, but a scoff from him causes her to scowl. Noticing it, he raises a hand in a calming gesture.