Chapter 25 - Riddle Me This

Percy was hunched over her laptop, typing furiously as Talia communicated with Marcus and Eight. She was going over all the people Deathstroke had met in the past three days. Five, excluding themselves and the Bats. Two of which were dead, two grievously injured, and one alive and unharmed.

"I'm assuming this is our next guy?"

"That is correct." Talia said, reading off the list of names and background information, "It appears that we must pay our friend a visit. Would you do the honors?"

"Of course, Auntie Lia."

"Talia."

"Whatever you say, Auntie Lia."

-

Today was a day for Priscilla Jackson. She had a day off from work, and was due to visit the Arkham Asylum. 

"It's for a school project," she said to the guard at the gate, "Psychology, you know? It was to visit a criminal in any prison holding center or metal ward. Write a bit. Shadow a worked- I hear Doctor Leland is still here? I simply chose this jail, asylum-thing, because it was more likely to get me good grades. I can do like one of those phone call visits..." 

Of course, she was not allowed in. Today was not her day.

-

Today was a day for Maelstrom. 

She discreetly ran across the roof of Arkham Asylum, pausing only to look at her digital holographic map of the building. The guy was down two prison cells. She vapor travelled into the holding room and put a her sword against his throat. He didn't scream.

Of course he couldn't- she was covering his mouth.

"Be quiet or I'll kill you. I'm not with Batman, I'm not like Batman. I kill. You must know of the league of assassins? Well, we require information. A word other than what I ask you for, and this sword I'm holding will somehow find a way into your chest. Understood?"

The man smirked against her hand, but nodded nonetheless. Percy made him sit on his steel bed, and sat across him, katana still held tight in her hand, ready to use if necessary.

"So, Riddler. Tell me. What did you do to Sally Jackson-Blofis? And Paul."

-

The Riddler stayed silent, rolling his eyes before indicating to her hand, which was still on his mouth.

She removed it hastily, and gestured for him to go on, moving the sword only a little closer to his face.

"Well well. It seems that we have been found. However, I can not simply tell you what happened darling, since I do not know... but I do know who does."

"Well then, tell me!" Percy whispered loudly, inching her katana closer and closer to the Riddler.

"Oh you know that's not how it works. It has to be a riddle! You can't scare me with that sword of yours. A single cut on me and the alarms on this place will be ringing. Some new tech Batman provided. Anyways, since you looks stupid, I'll make this one easy... Riddle me this: