05 || Daily news

One of my lectures just ended and now I am heading to Yale Daily News, the newspaper.

So, here I am, holding a coffee on my right hand, entering the room.

I really like being a part of this team. It feels like I am working out there, under the pressure of a real job. Last year, I was also here and I can proudly say that I have some talent when it comes to writing stuff. Good for me. Maybe I will become the editor one day, my father would love that.

I am in the middle of the room, scrolling through my phone in order to avoid any kind of interactions because I don't feel like being sociable today. I look around to see if Jeremy, our editor, arrived but instead of Jeremy I see someone else entering the room.

A certain someone who is heading towards my direction.

"Seriously?" He questions, eyeing me up and down before he lets his head fall back, groaning.

Aw, he is so happy to see me.

"What are you doing here, Miller?" I ask genuinely surprised. I never imagined that he would be interested in the newspaper.

"You could start with a; good morning Chase, instead." He answers back, crossing his arms over his chest. Says him.

"Morning, Miller. What the hell are you doing here? You are going to infect the room with your negativity, step out carefully."

"Do you always talk so much?"

"You are here. Why?"

"I am very good at writing." He shrugs, leaning to the side and supporting his body to the desk next to him.

"But you were not here last year."

"Really? I didn't know." It can joke? "And why are you here?"

"If not me, then who?" He probably doesn't know about my family but I don't care. I am keeping the attitude.

"I don't understand."

"Let's just say that my family is kind of involved in the press, newspapers and stuff. This is like my natural environment."

"Oh shit, you are a Hayden." He says in realization "You're Harold Hayden's daughter?" His eyes widen.

"Yes, sir." I nod.

"Kind of involved?! Your father owns the majority of American newspapers. Hell, your father is American press. He is a legend." He looks impressed.

Look at him, slightly fangirling over my father.

"I guess he is."

"So, are you going to take over the whole thing on day?" He grimaces, he looks borderline horrified.

"Yes, along with my brothers."

"Good." He hums "You look useless, you won't be able to handle it on your own."

"Go to hell. Disliking me is one thing but you don't even know me to insult my intelligence like that."

"I said that you look useless, you might not be." He shrugs unbothered.

"I look?" I snort a laugh "Just because I am blonde, I am automatically brainless?" The amount of times I have been mistaken for an airhead bimbo just because I am a blonde with big boobs or just for the mere fact that I am pretty enrages the hell out of me. "Misogynistic pie-"

"Calm down, my assumption had nothing to do with your appearance." He rolls his eyes.

"Good morning everyone, I hope you are excited for this year, because I am, very freaking much." Jeremy says excited when he enters the room in a hurry.