43 || Stupid heart

"I want to drop out of Yale, move to a cabin in the woods and don't see another person ever again."

"Dylan, you love people. That's impossible." I roll my eyes, taking a sip of my wine. The only glass I am allowed to have because I am driving later.

"Not anymore." He shakes his head multiple times.

"Dylan, baby, stop being dramatic. Please!" I put my hand over his, that rests on the table of the wine bar we are.

"It was embarrassing enough to traumatise me, Audrey!" He finishes his third glass of wine.

"Dylan, don't tell me that this is the first time that a girl rejects you." I frown and he nods his head repeatedly.

What?

I mean my best friend is super attractive, but the first time?

"Oh, damn! Either way, you have to stop thinking about it, love."

"She laughed at my face when I asked her out, and we were in front of her friends. Those bitches! I can't forget the way they looked at me." He raises his hand, motioning to the waiter to come to our table again.

He orders more wine for him and as soon as the waiter leaves, I speak "Baby, Alicia is a bitch, I don't know why you wanted to go out with her in the first place."

"We came closer when we did that assignment together, when she isn't with her friend group, she is so sweet and cute. I thought she liked me, that's why I started seeing her differently and I realized that I kind of had a crush on her."

"You know better, but baby, she gets along with Penelope, that's like the biggest red flag."

"Yeah, I know." He sighs.

"I have a random question."

"Shoot."

"When we first met, did you have a crush on me?" I ask curious narrowing my eyes at him.

"Are you going to be offended if I say no?"

"Yes." I answer truthfully.

"Still a no." He smiles innocently.

"I am offended." I cross my arms to my chest.

"Did you have a crush on me?" He asks back.

"No." I answer truthfully again.

"See, it's because we both knew from the beginning that we were going to be best friends, at least I felt that kind of connection from day one."

"Yeah! I felt that too." I smile widely.

"Bestie?"

"Yes, Dylan?"

"We should go at MacDonald's when we leave. I am hungry." He places a hand over his stomach.

"Yes! Definitely, I am hungry too. Also, I am coming for a sleepover, just so you know it." I shrug my shoulders.

"Yes, great. We can also buy some ice cream after the MacDonald's in order to eat in bed gossiping."

I high five him excited and he speaks again "But we won't give Lucas any, the last time he ended up eating more than us."

"It's a deal." We shake hands.

"Did you finish the article that you were stressing about?"

"Oh yes, I did. I freaked out a little, but I wrote it and I think I did a good job."

"You should have asked Chase for help, though, I told you that you wasted time, he knows a lot about the topic." Dylan tilts his head to the side.

"There was no need to." I take a sip of my wine "Is he back?" I ask what I am dying to know.