Thoughts

Howard froze in shock. Just his luck, a passing thought told him. He’d been kissed twice in his life and they were both from the same man. The thought made him angry. It wasn’t his fault. He was a real man. Real men didn’t need physical relationships to validate their existence. Not that he didn’t mind the kiss. He thought. He was probably just a bit weird from… hormones and stuff. But truly, he told himself, he didn’t like being touched. Was that true?
“When I make that leap across the physical boundary, it’ll be forever sir!”
He remembered that, from the kiss on the roof. Was that true? Then, by that, wasn’t Vince his forever?
Was a kiss crossing that boundary? Did it matter? They had, for a few confused minutes…but what….that was five seconds of mutual attraction? Vince had claimed he would never love again, but Howard had also thought something similar. Until those girls came along. Was that love? Being distracted so easily, that couldn’t be true.
Anyway, what the hell did it matter? This kiss was a lie and a cheap trick by Vince to get his attention. Right? Then why hadn’t it ended yet?
Vince’s tongue was still pressing roughly against his.
And it didn’t end there.
Vince’s hand began grappling with Howard’s belt.