Dance

Howard looked at the man half clinging to and half pulling his arm. How Vince managed to walk in those black high heels shoes, Howard would never know. This was a stupid idea. It would hurt a thousand times more this way. But no, he had made a promise, and a real man never breaks a promise. Ever. Even when it hurt this bad.

Vince was pulling him into some club. One that Howard could never have gotten into without his fashionable counterpart.

Instead of being thrown out, as per usual, the bouncer just nodded to Vince and let them through.

It was amazing how many people knew Vince. Barely halfway through the door and everybody was cheering for him and pulling him this way and that. Vince refused to be budged though, his grip on Howard’s arm as tight as ever as he moved his way to the bar. They sat next to each other as Vince ordered stupidly named drinks. A lot of people came up to them, expressing how they had missed Vince, and most giving Howard an evil and disgusted look. A lot of them were attractive girls too.

Still Vince didn’t budge. He was really trying, Howard noted. But it was making him unhappy. And that made Howard feel guilty. Vince should be enjoying his first night out in forever, instead of casting wistful glances at the dance floor.

“Go.” Howard commanded finally.

“What?” Vince said, pulling his gaze away for the umpteenth time.

“Go…dance.” Howard waved his hands around.

“No!” Vince said. “I need to…” That desperate look had returned to his eyes.

“I’m not going to leave,” Howard reassured him. “Just come back.”

Vince took another sip of drink and kissed Howards forehead, before disappearing into the crowd.

Howard looked back to the bar. Now to see if he’d come back.