DanceFloor

Vince did try to keep an eye on the time. It was hard to do, with the music and the dancing and the people. He kept getting dragged around, and pushed, somehow finding himself deeper and deeper into the dance floor. He was actually getting rather lost. Were the dance floors always this big and confusing? He couldn’t see the bar any longer, or really any of the walls. It was then Vince started to panic, just a bit. It took skill to navigate a dance floor, and boy was he rusty. But just before he fell into full blown panic, he was thrown into someone he knew.

“Bollo!”

“Vincey!”

“Hey, what are you doing here?”

“First day out for months,” Bollo reminded him. “Time to party.”

Vince nodded and swallowed. “Yep.”

“Where Howard?”

“Oh ummm…” he gestured roughly to the direction of the bar. “That way.”

Bollo picked up on Vince’s mood. “Not going well?”

Vince gave a relieved sigh, happy to have someone to talk to. “He thinks that I’m…not really in love with him. He thinks I’ll get distracted again and dump him.”

Bollo frowned, in his ape-like way. “He does have a point.”

“I…what?” Vince shouted over the music, sure he’d misheard.

“You don’t have a good track record.”

Vince frowned. “But that’s not-”

“It’s the truth.”

Vince frowned and took a step back. “No, I’ll prove it. I’ll be a good boyfriend!”

“Good luck,” Bollo said.

Vince turned and ran this time. This place was a fashion-covered nightmare.