Ninja

They were on the couch when the news broke. In hindsight, Howard realised he should’ve known. That morning he had awoken to the sound of people in the street. He had ignored it though, content to snuggle next to Vince for a few more hours. But then of course, it came. The ninja bearing bad news. Bad news in the form of a new issue of Cheekbone magazine. After a couple of weeks, they too had decided to follow their own trend and stay indoors. God knows doing what. Probably playing darts or something. Bloody ninjas.

But here one was, right next to their couch, where Vince was snuggled up against Howard once again as Howard tried to watch the exposé on Jazz. It was odd how Vince could now bear to watch a bit, as long as Howard was there. It made Howard happy too. To be able to share something so special with Vince, a part of Howard’s very self.  It was almost normal. Of course, Vince would complain later, and force Howard to do something he liked afterwards. In the end, Howard ended up doing a lot more of Vince’s stuff, than Vince did his stuff.

But here the ninja was with the new Cheekbone.

And Howard could feel a deep sense of horror growing in his gut. It was over. It was all over.