𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 「 vote 24 」

When the sun shine, we shine together

                                   Told you I'll be here forever

                                 Said I'll always be your friend

Took an oath, I'ma stick it out to the end

Umbrella – Ember Island

***

The alarm clock on my phone wakes us, at 9:30. Ethan and I cuddled and talked til late, like really late. I wake up slowly, inside Ethan his arms, which feels so good. I yawn, trying to wake the drummer. "Wake up! We have rehearsels". Today the very first rehearsels from the Eurovision will start for us. And tomorrow we will have an interview with Nikki de Jager from NikkiTutorials. Ethan opens his eyes, looking straight to me, smiling.

With the sheets I cover my naked body, making Ethan blush. "Don't hide belladonna, you are beautiful", he opens the sheets, letting me crawl closer inside his grip. His breath was on my hair and my hands are resting on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. "Last night, it was wonderful", his deep italian voice echoes through my head. "Yes, it was, it definitely was". Before getting out of bed, I pressed my lips against his, while he stroked the tattoos on my arm.

Ethan and I walk as slowly as we can towards the breakfast room, so that we can play two teenagers in love for a little while longer. He holds my hand and my head rests on his shoulder. As soon as we enter the room I let go of his hand. "My gosh, why did it take so long?" Victoria slides scrambled eggs onto my plate, and I start laughing, trying to find a good excuse. "I forgot the alarm clock", Ethan intervenes, because he sees that I couldn't think of anything. Victoria rolls her eyes.

"Are we exited for today?" Thomas talks with his mouth full and a few crumbs fall on his plate. Damiano starts laughing and takes a picture. I interrupt the singer's laughter, "you really have no idea how fucking nervous I am, I barely slept last night". Honestly, I wasn't lying, I barely slept, but the nerves weren't the reason.

After the delicious breakfast we had we talked with the girl who represents France. Barbara is such a lovely person and she told us she loved our song, which is so nice. In Italy is talking English not a huge thing, so many people have no clue about the English. But a year ago, we started learning English and I'm actually pretty good at it. I was so worried about fucking it up in interviews were I have to talk English, but when I heard the English from Barbara, I thought, no I'm going to do a great job. I mean Barbara is such a lovely person, but her English just isn't very well, which is totally okay, since we aren't from the UK.

the rehearsal went really well. We have never performed in such a large hall, so this is going to be really fantastic. I was so nervous, when it's just rehearsing. We walk through the street of Ahoy back to our hotel. "Can we stop for a moment, I want to buy something to eat here", Victoria almost runs into a supermarket. I follow her and see the boys light up a cigarette, as always.

In my mind food is the same in every country, but here in the Netherlands you see very different things. The bassist fills her whole basket with things I have no idea what they are, and neither does she. I read the packaging of something called 'drop', it's little black candies and it looks so gross. "Let's go Vic, I want to sleep", I already want to go to the cash register, but Victoria just walks away. Then I walk towards the exit myself.