~ 5 ~

ED:

I passed by a crewmate handing me a cup of water as I walked over to my sister.

"Edmund," Lucy started, staring out at the sea, "do you think if we keep sailing to the end of the world, we'll just... tip off the edge?" Lucy asked.

"Don't worry, Lu," I replied, chuckling, "we're a long way from there."

"Ed?" I looked at her, "You're growing up, Ed. You're 18 now; and I'm tired of being Y/N's basically-sister."

I smiled, but it faded when I saw her serious face. I took a sip of my water.

"Are you gonna propose to Y/N?" I immediately spat out my water, casing Lucy to giggle lightly. After I recovered, I responded.

"I-I don't know, if I did, I wanted to have our wedding in Narnia..." I trailed off. Then an idea popped into my mind. My eyes lit up and I started whispering into Lucy's ear. She quickly nodded her head in excitement, before Eustace interrupted us.

"I see you're still talking nonsense, the two of you," he started, as Y/N started walking over, "The two becomes three."

"Are you feeling better?" Lucy asked. Y/N leaned on the railing in between Eustace and me, a very wise move. Her hand wrapped around my pinky finger, hands down one of the cutest things she does.

"Yes, no thanks to you. It's lucky I have an iron constitution."

"As effervescent as ever, I see." Reepicheep chimed in.

"Find your sea legs?" Y/N softly added.

"Never lost them. Simply dealing with the shock of things. Mother says I have an acute disposition, due to my intelligence," when I heard this, I spit out my water, again, laughing this time.

"I don't think he has a cute anything." Y/N whispered to me, giggling. I looked over to her to see a huge smile on her face, her cheeks and nose slightly red, and her E/C eyes shining brightly in the afternoon sun. Please marry me.

"I'll have you all know, as soon as we find civilization, I'm contacting the British Consul," I think he assumed Reep said that, but I'd rather him yell at Reep than Y/N any day. No offense to Reep, "Have you all arrested for kidnapping." Eustace backed up until he bumped into Caspian.

"Kidnapping, is it? That's funny. I thought we saved your life." Caspian retorted.

"You held me against my will! In, what I must say, are the most unhygienic quarters. It's like a zoo down there!"

"He's quite the complainer, isn't he?" Reepicheep mumbled to the three of us.

"He's just warming up." I added. The whole debacle was interrupted by the lookout yelling that we had spotted land.

...

Y/N and I ran up to the front of the boat in the evening, when the sun was setting, to join Caspian and the captain. We actually held hands this time.

She didn't let go of my hand, even when we were at the railing. I looked over at her, she had her other arm resting on the railing, her glittering eyes staring off at the pretty sunset.

The long, golden telescope was passed to me, and I, sadly, had to let go of Y/N's hand to use it. She seemed pretty distracted, though.

"Strange, not a Narnian flag in sight," Caspian observed.

"But the Lone Islands have always been Narnia's." I added. I felt a hand play with my sleeve and put the telescope down to see Y/N's hands gracefully picking at loose threads and hairs. I smiled while putting my arm around her and pulling her closer.

"Seems suspicious." Drinian commented.

"I say we prepare a landing party. Drinian?" I stated. Y/N was now rubbing shapes into my chest now. It was the most adorable thing ever.

"Forgive me, Your Majesty, but the chain of command starts with King Caspian on this ship." Drinian deeply said, leaving me embarrassed.

"Right."

Caspian chuckled, "We'll use longboats. Drinian, pick some men-" At this point, I turned back to the railing, Y/N still hung on me.

She pulled my face to look at her, a soft smile planted on her face. It immediately made me feel better, a small smile growing on my face.

"I'm sure Drinian didn't mean to sound rude, don't let it bother you." She assured me. I nodded and turned back to the view of the sea, the land slowly approaching.

"What did you want to tell me?" I suddenly asked, remembering our earlier conversation. She got up on her tip-toes and gave me a light kiss on the cheek, the gesture still giving me immense butterflies.

"Do you-" She seemed to stop herself for half a second, "What are we going to do when we get back to earth? I have a strong feeling we're getting too old for Narnia." She said, sadness creeping into her voice. I gulped.

"Love, don't think like that. But, if you really want to know, I want to go to the army," I started and she nodded, "And I was thinking of getting married." I muttered, smirking, which caused her to look up at me.

"I'd like to be married to someone who's alive," I furrowed my brows, unsure if she was joking or not, "You know I don't want you to go to war, love," I scoffed.

"Y/N, I won't die," She raised her eyebrows, implying that there's an equal chance I'll live or die, "You know what, you're more important," I said, planting a kiss on her forehead.

She paused, looking back at the ocean, "I just want to get married right now, I don't want to have to wait." I chuckled.

"Neither do I, darling." I pulled her closer. Her eyes looked up at me, basically saying, 'please propose to me right now.' "You know I can't ask you to marry me right now, Y/N, you're still 17." She stuck her lip out, pulling herself out of my grasp. She faced her back to me, crossing her arms.

I put my chin on the top of her head, my arms wrapping around her.

"If you wait, I'll let you hang that painting in our house," She giggled after I said that, turning around to hug me. She buried her head in my neck.

"You'd insist I do that anyway."