takipsilim. 16

⚠️. Sage’s POV

“AAAH ATE TERRI!” sigaw ko sa pugad lawin este sigaw ko malapit sa kanila kasi hinihila ako nung zombie sa paa.

I kept crying for help and tried kicking the undead on its face, but it was no use since the hold was vigorous and stronger than a huge dog grasping on your body.

They look like rabid dogs who spawned out of nowhere at lahat sila ay nagwawala pero yung iba naman dito ay halos tahimik at walang kibo lang sa gilid ng kalsada.

“Sage! duck down!” I glanced at Ate Collin holding Millan’s axe while coming my way and I did as told, I ducked down as I sensed her slashing the zombie’s head from my spot.

I got out of its grasps and immediately stood up, warily grabbing my gun instead of letting my cowardice take over at a situation like this.

“Are you okay? it didn’t hurt you naman diba?” I assured her enough that I was fine and still in good shape after that zombie almost tried ripping my legs.

We went to where the others are and I look at them with worry. Millan’s already ahead of us across the road that we were taking and it seems like she was wiping the road clean, so that we could pass through it without being followed.

Si Stormy at Jacen naman nasa gilid niya na tumatayong back-up niya just in case another horde comes through the side road.

Ate Terri is with Ate Mavis shooting zombies here and  there or either of their sides. Hindi ako yung nasa pwesto nila pero ako yung nahihirapan kasi lalo sila dumadami tuwing nababawasan.

“Lalo sila dumami and soon enough hindi makakalaban sina Mills niyan” Grazer states while panting heavily.

“Ate, Grazer’s right. We can’t hold them off that longer at hindi tayo agad makakalayas dito kung hindi natin sila mauubos” I said because I was also eager to leave the place, rotting with their unhumane bodies.

There’s gotta be something that we can do about this, hindi pwedeng makikipaglaban lang kami hanggang sa mapagod kami. I mean, hello?? mauubusan din kami ng bala sa baril duh

“Wait! I got a small gas with me and I think may lighter si Millan, so we could use that to hold them off until makarating tayo sa may tulay” Grazer retorts with a back-up plan as Ate Collin and I agreed.

We ran to where our friends are in a speed and told them what Grazer already had in mind. Agad silang pumayag kasi una sa lahat, wala kaming choice and second of all, ito lang talaga ang tanging paraan para maubos sila na nandito.

I saw Millan taking out her lighter tapos si Grazer naman hinanda yung gas galing sa military bag niya. It was inside a bottle container, so she had to pull out the top bago ito ihagis sa daan.

Nung nabuksan na niya ito ay agad din niyang ikinalat ang gas sa daan na pinang-galingan namin. She scattered the liquid on both sides and emptied the bottle as far as it could.

“That’s the bridge! makatawid lang tayo ay quarantine headquarters agad madadaanan natin” turo ko sa kanila kasi sa aming walo, ako yung mas may alam sa mga daan dito.

We ran and ran while shooting undeads who pass by us and until we reached the end of the road. We are now in front of the wide length bridge at hinihintay na lang si Millan na sunugin yung daan kung saan itinapon ni Grazer yung gas.

“You guys go ahead, I cannot leave Grazer here” Millan said and forcefully told us to go ahead kasi baka madisgrasya lalo kami kung pati yung tulay ay masunog din agad.

“But Mills mahihirapan kayo tumawid niyan kung maaabutan kayo ng apoy” imik ni Ate Mavis at tumango lang kami.

Hindi sila nakasagot ulit at nag-iisip na naman bigla kung kelan nasa mas mahirap na sitwasyon kami until I spoke.

“Ako na lang maghihintay kay Grazer, tutal mas magaan siguro kung ako lang ang kasunod niya” pabiro kong sabi pero bakas pa rin sa mga mukha nila ang pag-alala kaya seryoso ko na lang din na sinabi na magiging ayos lang ang plano na meron ako.

“Go na, just give me the lighter at ako na ang mag-aabot sa kanya” Millan thought for a second but gave it to me anyways.

They hurriedly ran to the other side of the bridge without being followed by the undeads while I waited for Grazer to arrive at my spot.

After a few moments, Grazer stood in front of me while heavily panting from too much running and spreading the gas at the same time.

“They’re at the other side of the bridge already. Hinintay lang kita para i-abot ito” sabi ko.

The truth is that ayaw ko lang din siyang maiwan mag-isa habang kami, nasa kabila na ng tulay na maghihintay lang sa kaniya.

She nodded and took the lighter from my palm and waited for the horde of zombies to arrive from the side road where the gas is spilled.

“When I count to three, tatakbo ka na okay? nasa likod mo lang ako” Grazer reassured me before taking a step forward only to see the group of undeads rushing to us.

I stood behind Grazer and waited for her signal. She held the lighter in her hands and pushed down the flint wheel as the top ignited into a long dash of flame.

One” she counted while the zombies were getting nearer to our spots. I took a step back each time she does too.

Two” she followed as I took her free hand in mine, getting ready to sprint behind.

Three! Run!” before the zombies could even reach us, Grazer threw the lighter at our front as the road is now being engulfed into flames, as well as the zombies burning within it.

I dragged her by the hand as we sprinted to the other side of the bridge. I saw Ate Collin and Ate Asteria waving at us, screaming and telling us to hurry because the end of the road was also burning.

I looked back behind us and confused why the bridge is also getting burned, but yet we kept running until I noticed something leaking down.

“Raze, your pants...” we stopped midway when I pointed at her pants leaking with something.

“Shit! natapunan ng gas pants ko and I didn’t notice it!” I glanced at her with worry.

Too worried that the flames are now trailing the bridge behind us because it was following the leak of gas surrounding Grazer’s pants.

Malapit na kami kung nasaan yung iba pero kinailangan pa namin mag-isip ulit ng paraan para lang mapigilan ang kumakalat na apoy na sumusunod sa amin.

“Hubarin mo pants mo” sabi ko nang madiin dito at tinitigan niya lang ako na para bang akala niya ay nagbibiro pa ako.

“I’m not kidding, Raze. It’s either huhubarin mo or mamamatay tayo kasama ng mga demonyong yan” she glanced at me one more time and then back at the burning trails of the bridge behind us.

“Nauubusan tayo ng oras! Make up your mind, bebe!” I shouted with a cry because one thing I know for sure is that I won’t be able to handle it if she chooses something na ikahihina ko lang din.

“I’m sorry, bebe” she spoke as I stared at her with confusion and  with panic as I realized what she was doing.

“Grazer...”

///

an: rip Grazer Apuli, you will be missed : (
( charot, don’t come at me po )