Regret

Kokiri Lon Lon had lived her entire fourteen years on Lon Lon Ranch. And now, she had to leave. No, not just leave, she had to run away. She had to get out of the place she once called home, before Ganondorf's forces found her again. Before it became to late to do anything. She ran through her house, picking up a few special things, and finally made it to her brothers room. She let a tear slip from her eye before she shut and locked the door for good, and rushed down the hall to her room. She grabbed a bag and dumped the stuff inside, taking a few of her notebooks and suck with her. Then sneaking up into the attic, and grabbing some of her parents' journals and weapons. She grabbed a bow and quiver full of arrows. Then grabbed a dagger, and rushed back down to her bedroom, where she put all of that stuff in the same bag.

She stopped for a moment, looking around the room. Pictures still hung on the walls, journals were still left where she had dropped them. Everything was how she had left it. Except, that it wasn't. She had been a prodigy all her life, in education and in fighting. But now, all of that needed to be put to good use. She needed to escape her home, and find some place to stay. She grabbed a map that was hanging on her wall, and changed into the green/ brown tunic that her grandfather had gifted her. She grabbed the sword of sages, and the Gerudo Shield, swinging them both over her back, with the bow. Her face was streaming with tears as she grabbed her bag, locked her door behind her, and made her way down stairs. Her father, mother, and brother were dead, all because of her. Her sister was missing, her best friend, Prince Arthur, and his sister, Princess Zelda, were no where to be seen. She had no one. Absolutely no one, except for a random sword spirit, and herself.  

She walked down the stairs of her house, tears still coming, as someone asked. "So... they're gone?" the voice was sad and choked up. She turned and saw her grandfather, Talon, sitting there sadly, tears running down his face. "I'm so sorry grandpa I could save them" she started to full on sob as she dared walk closer to him. "It's not your fault" he promised. "Your brother and sister to" he asked. "Goro's dead, Ruto's missing, mom's dead, dad's dead, and dad's friends.... his "reincarnations" are gone, back to their time" He nodded slowly. Ignoring the part about the time traveling heroes. "And you?" he asked, looking at her stuff. "Where do you plan to go" This stumped her. She didn't know where she wanted to go. She just needed to go somewhere, staying here would kill her. Whether it was Ganondorf or herself, she wouldn't make it a month. 

Her grandfather nodded sadly. "Go to Kakoriko Village. I've been there many times. There is a woman named Impa, and her daughter Impaz, there. They will help you" he promised. She nodded, and hugged him one last time. "Ganondorf, he's taken over Hyrule again" she told him. Talon nodded. "I know... someday, someone will stop him. A hero will rise again" she froze at those words, and looked down at the faint triforce symbol on her hand. "Yes, I'm sure they will" she answered. "I love you grandpa" He smiled sadly. "I love you to Kokiri. I will see you again, I'm sure" 

She ran out the door, stopping at the stable. Inside were a few horses, an old horse named Epona, but her eyes fell on another steed. One without a name, who looked just like her fathers horse. "Alright, Epona 2.0, lets go" she whispered to herself. She saddled up the horse, took it out of the barn, and road off into the night.