Gerudo Town

Fast

Graceful

Deadly

All things that you can expect from a Gerudo Warrior. No, not from a warrior, warriors go into battle, I'm a Gerudo Assassin, and all of those things describe me. Fast, able to kill any one within seconds, without being caught. Graceful, as a dancer, and when it comes to my movements, which mimic those of a Sheikah. And Deadly, get on the bad side of the Gerudo, and they might send me after you, and that wouldn't be good at all. At least, not for you, and not for anyone who tries to protect you. 

"Princess Ruto" 

Princess.

A title that I don't deserve at all. A title that was given to me seeing that my great - uncle is the unrightful king of Hyrule, and my grandmother is the cheifton of the Gerudo. "What is it Riju?" I ask, putting a gold triforce pin that my grandfather gave to me, in my hair. "The festival is about to begin, your grandmother wants you out there with her" she says. I nod slowly. "Give me a moment, Riju, I just need a moment to finish getting my self ready" She nods, bows slightly, and walks out of the room. I sigh, looking at myself in the gold rimmed mirror that's at least as tall as I am. My skin is tanned from the desert sun, and my hair is pulled into a tight bun. I wear a traditional Gerudo top, and a skirt for a bottom, with a slit down the side, so that I can easily move in it. My face is covered in Gerudo style makeup, I wear a tiara that dips down onto my forehead, and a curved sword is attached to the side of my skirt. Usually, I don't wear something so fancy, but today is a special occasion, The Festival of Spirits. 

I sigh and slowly open the door, peaking around the other side as I do. No ones there, except Riju. She's a twelve year old Gerudo who probably knows more about the tribe than I do. She doesn't really use a sword at all, but her mother is a fierce Gerudo Warrior named Urbosa, so she has a job in the "palace" of Gerudo Town. "Are you alright Princess Ruto?" she asks, I realize that I've been staring at her for to long, and look away. "Nothing, nothing at all" She nods and leads me down a long hallway, all the way to the throne room, where my grandmother sits on a throne. She really doesn't look all that old, no wrinkles are on her face, and there's not a single streak of grey in her hair. Someone could guess that she was in her middle ages, and I've heard people ask multiple times if she was my mother. Of course, I can see why. Mom had very pail skin, and freckles, unlike the Gerudo, she was kind hearted, and laughed a lot. Not to mention that she deeply loved dad, while the other children in the town say that A. They never met their fathers or B. There mothers didn't care for there fathers at all. It's hard to imagine that she is a Gerudo.... or, was I suppose. 

"Ruto, you look lovely" she says, with forced kindness. I thinks she blames me for Ganondorf killing mom. Of course, I know exactly who to blame.... and it's not me. "Thank you Grandmother" I say back to her, forcing a smile. "The festival will be starting shortly, but I wanted to speak with you before it began" she comments. With one hand she shoos the guards and Riju away. "What's so important that you needed to talk to me in private about it?" I snap up at her. She raises an eyebrow. "I absolutely hate to do this to you on the night of the festival, but I have a new mission for you" I scoff. "Of course you do, what is it this time?" 

"There is a resistance in castle town. Specifically, one that holds some.... interesting characters.... I need you to kill a specific one of them" she says the words slowly, as if I'm a child. "Which one?" I ask, of course I've heard of the resistance, they weren't well known but with the many places I've gone in Hyrule, I've heard the whispered hope of rebellion. Of course, it's stupid, a small band of rebels can't take down Ganondorf, trust me, if I thought they had a chance of defeating him, I would have joined them already.

"There are two of them, that have markings under there eyes. Markings of three dots, representing the Sheikah, I'm sure. The one we need you to kill is the one with blonde hair, and green eyes. She will have a mark down the side of her face.... a cut, a scab, a scar, that will tell you who she is" I nod, this is how it works, I never the name of the person that I'm supposed to kill. Someone marks them, runs a sword down their face, and then I kill them. It's a simple process, and it's always worked before. "Alright, when do I leave?"

"Tonight"