The Resistance

We quietly make our way through the Castle Town, hopping from Shadow to Shadow, and letting the wind be the only sound heard. The houses are quiet, and the castle is the only thing making any noise. The sound of people being executed and tortured makes its way quickly down to the dark streets, where guards, Hylians and Demons alike, patrol the area in pairs. "How far are we from the tavern?" I whisper to my partner and best friend, Telma. "We're almost there, now hush" she comments. We sneak closer and closer to a building looming in the darkness, a few candles are lit down in the cellar, but the windows look dark at the moment. As soon as we make it through the door, someone grabs our arms, and pulls us down a set of stairs, closing a large wooden door behind us. 

"Did anyone see you?" asks Impaz, looking between the two of us. Telma shakes her head, and hands a bundle in her arms over to Auru. He takes it, and places it down in a small chair near the corner of the room. "Is she healthy?" asks Impaz, looking over the small child. She has a mop of black hair, and her face is as pale as a ghosts, but she seems like any normal child to me. "We found her in one of the houses that was burnt today" Telma explains, placing her hands on her hips. "I didn't ask that Telma, I asked if she was healthy" Impaz snaps back. She's a middle aged woman with silvery Sheikah hair, Impa's daughter, and the bossiest person I know, except for Telma of course. "Healthy enough, and plus, were else can she go?" I ask, folding my arms. She sighs and puts her face in her hands. "She can stay" she grumbles. "Name?" Telma walks over and picks up the child again, holding it close to her chest. "Ashei" I answer calmly. 

"Very well, she can stay with us. Just another mouth to feed" Impaz complains. "It's time that the two of you got some sleep. You may be part of the resistance, but that doesn't mean your not still teenagers. Now go, we'll talk about this tomorrow" We both nod reluctantly, and head up two flights of stairs, and into our bedroom. It's small, two beds sit on opposite sides, along with two dressers, two mirrors, and two desks. The room would seem like a mirror of itself, if not for the fact that my side is messy as all heck and Telma's is clean and organized. She continuously complained about this when I first came to live at the tavern with her, and the rest of the resistance. I think by now she's just given up on it, and aloud me to do whatever I want as long as it doesn't reach her side of the room. Which it usually does. 

"Kokiri, are you alright?" she asks me as remove my cloak and throw it on the floor of my room. I sigh, not answering her as I take a look at myself in the mirror. My face is slightly tanned, my blonde hair tied back into a braid. My green eyes shine back at me, welling with tears, and right below each of my eyes, one pink, one blue, one orange. Tattoos that Telma also has, showing that not only are we part of the resistance, but we are part Sheikah. I almost punch the mirror at the thought. I'm part Sheikah on my fathers side, my father being the Hero of Time himself. His mother was a Sheikah woman named Tola, who fell in love with his father, Goro. I never met them, and neither did he, but despite that, I still have some Sheikah blood in my veins. Along with Gerudo (from my mothers side) and Hylian. 

"It's not your fault" says Telma, kicking off her boots and lying down on her bed, looking up at the ceiling. "You know that, don't you" I shake my head. "But it is my fault, if I had only kneeled...." she stops me. "Then what? What would have happened? You would have been turned into one of his minions? Do you really think he would have let your mother live?" I think about this, and shake my head. "See? It's not your fault, your brother made the disition to die for you. And I bet he would have wanted to see you crying your heart out for him, now would he" I shrug and duck under the blankets, blowing out the single candle on my bed side table, and slowly drifting off to sleep.