Ruto's Blessing

I turn to see the Zora Queen standing there, smiling. 

She looks tired, like she's the one that just beat up that monster. Though I'm sure she looks lively compared to me. "You are just like your father" she comments, her smile falling a bit. "And your mother to. I can see them both in you...." Stepping closer to me, Ruto reaches a hand out, and, knowing what she wants, I pick up the sword from the ground and hand it to her, hilt first. "I told the King of Evil that I would serve the Hero of Hyrule and the Queen until the day I die.... Though I suppose that the new hero did not come in the form that I was expecting" She looks me up and down once again, her eyes falling on my hand, which is covering one of the many wounds on my side. "When we are done here, stay in Zora's Domain for a day or two. My daughter and subjects will be happy to help heal you"

I nod gratefully, forcing a small smile. "But for now" she places one hand lightly on the blade, still holding the hilt tightly. Then, she hums the same tune Saria did, and the blade glows blue. Now, there are two strips going up the blade, and a second symbol. One green, and one a light blue color. The Sword of Sages seems to glow a bit brighter as she hands it back to me. "You are truly just like your father" she whispers as I sheath the blade, admiring it for only a moment longer. "Give me your hand" Ruto holds out a webbed fin, and I place my hand in hers. I feel a rush of power course through me, and Ruto smiles.

"My time as a being of this earth is finished. But I leave you with this, the power to control the waves. Known as Ruto's Blessing. Use this wisely, it will help you, like Saria's Grace, in your greatest times of need. But be forewarned. Ill fortune comes to those who misuse their power" she says, her face darkening. I nod, taking a deep breath as I watch her disappear into nothing. 

Then, everything goes dark. 

----------------------------------------------

When I open my eyes, I'm lying on what I'm sure is a water bed. My entire body hurts, but I manage to turn my head just enough to see Rutela waiting patiently for me to wake up. "You should be healed in a day or two" she promises, smiling at me. Rubbing my head and biting my lip to keep from yelling in pain, I sit up. "How long have I been out?" I ask, looking around. The sun is shining brightly. Everything in Zora's Domain is just barely covered. Though I suppose they don't care about rain all that much. 

"Three days, but do not worry. We are happy to have you as long as you wish. And the Zora would be happy to help you in your efforts of defeating Ganondorf" She sounds so grown up while saying this. We're about the same age, but the way she holds her head up, even the face of danger... she's going to make a great Zora leader. "I'm sorry..." I answer, clenching my fists. "Your mother is...." I can't finish. But Rutela just smiles sadly. "She's not dead Kokiri. In fact, my mother has just awoken as the sage of water... as I can tell by this" Next to the green "tattoo" on my arm, is a blue one, with the symbol of water on it. 

"The Zora people can't thank you enough. With out your courageous efforts, we would all have suffered under the rein of Ganondorf. And I do not wish to see that for my people" I nod, forcing a smile. "You're going to be the greatest Zora Queen in History Rutela. I'm sure of it" She once again smiles sadly, and then looks at my wounds. "We had some of our best Zora healers take care of you. But some of the wounds seem to be immune to healing.... I think it is best if you stayed a day or two. That way, you can be fully refreshed by the time you leave. Do not worry about Ganondorf for now. If he returns, we will be there to stop him"