Leavetaking

After only a few days, I'm well enough to stand again. And within a week, I'm feeling almost as good as I did when I got here. That's when I decide it's time to leave. Ganondorf will not be resting while some tribes are still aligned with the light. Even after all these years under his rein.

"I wish you luck Hero. And know that the Zora will always be here to support your efforts in defeating the darkness that threatens Hyrule" says Rutela as I saddle up Epona. I bow deeply. "Thank you Princess Rutela. I do hope I see you again. When everything it safe once again" She nods and smiles. "Yes... I do hope we see each other again.... I suggest you visit the Sheikah Village of Kakoriko next. They are sworn to protect the Hyrulian Royal family. And though there is only one or two left.... having one Sheikah on your side might be better than all the military might of the Zora"

I nod, and wave goodbye as Epona and I ride away from Zora's Domain. 

"Come on girl, we need to get to Kakoriko Village" I comment, patting her main. Epona tosses her head and starts to gallop a little faster. Keeping one hand on the saddle, I grab out my map. Kakoriko Village is north of here... near Death Mountain in the Eldin Province.  I suppose that means I'm going to visit the Gorons after this. As we ride, the sun moves in the sky, and before I know it, it's night time. We stop to rest, and then leave before dawn. 

Epona rides just as fast as the day before, and before I know it, we've reached the familiarity of Kakoriko Village. 

But something is off. Anyone could see that. There's no people in the streets, or horses tied up. Everything is deserted where it is. Yet there's no dead bodies either. They couldn't have been slaughtered. I think as I make my way through the village, pulling Epona into a trot. Everything is eery silent. Just up until I reach the center of the village. 

I jump off Epona and pull out my sword, listening. There's a scraping sound, metal against some surface. I turn around, nothings there, so I take a deep breath, lowering my guard....

Only to swing around with my sword, and have it meet the blades of a Gerudo Assassin.