The Lost Woods

I can tell when I make it to the lost woods. The fog becomes so thick that I can't see my hands in front of my face, and I can just barely make out the trees. "Where is it?" I ask myself, looking around, almost running Epona into another tree. "Sorry girl..." I pat her mane. "Heh Heh Heh" I whip around to see a figure dart through the fog. "Who's there?" There's no responce, I so I continue through the forest, a little more weary this time. "Heh Heh Heh" Soon, I hear the laughter again. "I swear to the goddesses, I have a sword, and I'm not afraid to use it" I pull out the sword of sages and point it at nothing. 

"Look who it is" says a high pitched voice. "It's another Hero of Time. Why are you here? You left decades ago" What looks like a ball of light flies around me, scaring Epona. She throws me off and bolts into the woods. "NO! EPONA!" I yell, reaching to late to grab the reins. "Oops" says another child like voice. "We'll get her back for you" says a third, another high pitched one. "Who are you? Where are you?" I hear the giggling again, and a figure appears from the fog, holding a lantern with blue fire inside. 

"Who is she?" asks a little ball of light beside it. "It's a girl hero... Ms. Hero!" cries the figure. "Wait a minute... your... a Skullkid?" I realize. He laughs, sitting beside me. "Sorry to scare you... Heh Heh Heh... I was a friend of the last Hero of Hyrule. I've seen plenty of them through the years... but never a lady hero... Why are you here?" he asks, jumping to his feet as I stand up slowly. "I'm here to get to.... Kokiri Forest... I'm Kokiri, by the way. The daughter of the Hero of Time" The Skullkid's face falls into a frown. "Link..." he whispers, what looks like a tear running down his cheek. "That means he didn't survive, doesn't it, Ms. Hero?" I slowly shake my head, and he begins to sob. "He was my best friend! Who killed him? I'll kill them myself!"

"Ganondorf... The unrightful king of Hyrule" his face flashes with anger. "Then it seems only you can avenge your father Ms. Hero... I will help you get to Kokiri Forest... it's what Link would have wanted..." he whistles a few notes, and Epona comes running back to me. "Follow me, quickly... the forest is dangerous!" I hop on Epona as he races off, turning into a little blue light in the distance. At full speed, Epona follows him, until the forest becomes a little clearer, and we end up at a tunnel of trees. 

"Right through here" he tells me as I hop down. Kneeling, I embrace him, and with teary eyes, he does the same. "Your father would have been proud of your Kokiri... I can promise you that... He was a great man you know? He saved me more than once.... from Termina... from Majora... From myself..." With that, he smiles at me, and walks back into the Lost Woods. 

I turn towards the tunnel, and walk into Kokiri Forest.