Chapter 32

Third Person's POV

    "I missed you," Jason mumbled into Tiana's chest.

    "I missed you too." Tiana's soft giggles bounce off the pure white tiles of Jason's bathroom, as the hot, soapy water sloshes around them.

    "Not you this time Bambina," Jason says cheekily, giving her breast a pointed squeeze.

    "You're incorrigible." Tiana rolls her eyes, while Jason just ignores her and stuffs his face back into her breast.

    "I'm just being honest, baby." He comes back up with a smirk. "Plus, your tits are awesome. How can I not have missed them?" He unhands her breast and wraps her up in his arms, holding her close, "but I definitely missed you more."

    "Yeah, I bet you did." Tiana quips at him.

    "Of course I did, baby." Jason coos. "I missed you so much that it hurt." He pulls her even closer to him if that was even possible. "I promise to never treat you like that ever again. I can't take living without you again."

    Tiana didn't say anything as she listened to her lover pour his heart out to her. She couldn't tell if her chest was wet from the tub water, or if It was from Jason crying. Knowing that he was already embarrassed to be crying in front of her, she decided to not ask for clarification. Jason wasn't a crier at all, and when he did cry, he tried his best not to do it in front of her. So whenever he did cry in front of her, Tia did her best to comfort him without outright acknowledging it. As long as he was able to get everything out, she didn't care.

    "It's okay, baby." She comforts him, kissing his head, as he clings to her.

    "No, it isn't." Jason's head pops up from her chest. His eyes were teary and his face was blotchy. His expression was completely serious and his eyes held many emotions. Sadness, anger, regret shame, etc. "Nothing about last year was okay. I was awful to you last year Tia. I was going to hit you."

    "I know..." Tiana chokes. "I know nothing about last year was okay, but we both said last night that we were going to move forward despite it all. I just don't want to keep rehashing the same things over and over again. That was part of the problem last year. Neither of us wanted to let go of the hurt we caused each other."

"You're right." He mumbles. "I just don't want you to let me off easily."

"If I was doing that, I would be making plans to move back into the old house and pretending nothing ever happened." Tiana scoffs. "You were a definite asshole last year, but if I'm deciding to rekindle the relationship, I can't keep beating you over the head with it."

"You should though." Jason insisted. "You should hate me."

"I tried that already, remember?" Tiana chuckles. "It only worked for fifteen minutes."

"You only said that because I broke up with you." Jason counters, still feeling mopey.

Seeing that this conversation wasn't really going anywhere, Tia decided to take a different approach. "Okay, how about this," Jason perks up, waiting to hear Tiana's proposal. "We don't talk about the past unless it is in front of a therapist."

"I can agree to that." Jason nods. "I just want us to be good again."

"We will be baby." She pecks his lips with hers, "it's just going to take some time is all."

Jason said nothing for the rest of the time they were in the bath. They silently washed each other before Jason got out of the tub and wrapped a large towel around his waist. He then came back for Tiana, who had already started letting the water out. He wrapped her up in a big fluffy towel and picked her up bridal style.