Chapter 16: Those Are Strong Words

Tiana's POV

After Jason left, my day didn't slow down. I had two back to back appointments for a frontal sew in, then the next one wanted color and a silk press, followed by five different walk ins. Needless to say that by 3:45, I was ready to go and get to this appointment.

I was in my office getting my things together, when I there's a knock on the door. "Come in." I say absent mindedly, putting my laptop in my purse.

"Hey." I look up to see Carson, walking through the door, with a small envelope in his hand.

"Hey." I say with a tired smile. "Wassup."

"Umm. You're man forgot his change this morning when he stormed out." He says with a slight chuckle, handing me the envelope.

"Oh." I say, taking the envelope from him. "How much did he leave?"

"Like ninety dollars and some change." He answers with a shrug. "He left a hundred, but I didn't think it would be smart to chase after him."

"Oh, yeah it wouldn't have been." I laugh a little. "Sorry about that. Jason's a little protective sometimes."

"Protective?" He asks with a raised brow. "That seemed like more than him just being protective."

"What do you mean." I question.

"Well, don't take this the wrong way." He starts off. "But he comes off just a bit controlling."

"Ah, uh well he's not." I say, even though I know that hasn't been completely true as of late, but Jason's was never really controlling when we were dating in high school. But then again, this isn't high school.

"Look, Tiana, I'm not trying to over step," he comments, holding his hands up in defense, "but he got angry very quickly over nothing this morning, and he seemed really pissed about the fact that all I said is that me and you are only friends."

"Carson, what exactly did you two talk about this morning?" I inquire, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Well, he came in and got your usual and then started questioning me about my 'intentions' and that he felt like we're crossing lines." He explains.

"And what did you say?" I question further.

"I said that me and you are just simply friends." He shrugs.

"And that's all you said?"

"Yeah." He says simply. "That's all I said."

'He's lying' I think to myself as I look him on the eyes. I know for a fact that he wasn't telling me the whole truth and leaving out certain details.

I know my man. And I know that he's hotheaded and he can get angry a little things. And though it's not completely out of character for Jason to be annoyed at me Carson being friends, he wouldn't be as angry as he was this morning. And he definitely wouldn't have just left that large amount of change behind. With the way he came in, I think he thought that it was better for him to walk away rather than stay and let his anger get the best of him.

"Look, Carson, thanks for bringing back the change, and I'm sorry if Jason did something to offend you, but I can assure that Jason isn't controlling." I say, picking up my keys and I began to walk out the door, but Carson grabs my wrist, stopping me. "Carson I have to go" I say firmly. "Please let go of my arm."

"Look Tiana," he pleads. "I know that you may love that guy, but he seems not to be right for you."

"What?" I asks in shock. "Carson, I think you need to leave."