Chapter 10: Blantant Disrespect

Tiana's POV

    I was in the middle of sewing a weave into my clients hair, when my mother in law walked in. "Hey Ms. Gina." I greet her, not stopping my sewing motions as she walked over to me, kissing my cheek.

    "Tiana, I have told you time and time again that you don't have to call me Ms." She says, knowing that I'm still going to call her Ms. I can feel the slap that my granny would give me if I ever dared to call Jason's mother by her first name.

    "Ms. Gina you know that's not happening." I tell her in a sing song voice, as I begin to sew the last of the wefts into her closure. "We almost done girl, I just gotta style it." I turn my attention to my client for a split second, before giving it back to my mother in law. "What can I do for you Ms. Gina?" I asks curiously, wondering why she's popping up on me while I'm working."

    "I just figured we can go to lunch or something." She shrugs, seemingly nonchalant, but I know she's up to something. And know omg Ms. Gina it's probably some big extravagant idea for the wedding that I'm going to be annoyed by.

"Okay, just let me finish up this client." I say.

_______________________

TWENTY MINUTES LATER

"Okay Ms. Gina we can go." I tell my mother-in-law as I gather my purse and my phone.

She smiles and stands up, following me out of the door. "What did you have in mind?" she asks me.

    "There's this little cafe up the street." I say referring to Carson's place, as we walked out of the door.

    "Oh," she lets out a little shocked. "Are you sure that's a good idea?"

    I stop in my tracks and turned to look at her. "Why wouldn't it be a good idea Ms. Gina?" I asks, with a raised brow, already knowing where she's going with her line of questioning.

    "Well Jason did tell me that you got into a fight over the owner." she states, but I give her a "yeah right" look, because I know that no matter how mad Jason is, the one thing I know he won't do is go to his mother about our relationship. His father yes, because Niccolo is only going to give Jason some advice but he'll never involve himself further, Ms. Gina however will go above and beyond, until she feels the conflict has been resolved.

    "Did he really Ms. Gina?"

    "Okay so I heard it from Nicky." She admits.

    "And he told you not to get involved didn't he?" I question, already knowing the answer.

    "He may have." She says, looking down at the ground like a scolded child.

    "You're not going to listen, are you." I complain.

    "Nope" popping on the 'p' whilst lifting her head up with a big smile.

    "I figured." I mutter rolling my eyes, "Ms. Gina, I assure you that there's nothing going on with me and Carson okay. He's just a friend."

    "Well that's not what Jason thinks." she rebuttals.

    "Yeah, well Jason wouldn't know much of anything considering he's been ignoring me for the past three months." I snap, even though I really didn't mean to. "Sorry Ms. Gina."

"It's okay honey." She assures with an understanding smile. "I know you're going through a lot."

"I'm just don't understand why I should feel bad for making a friend." I say glumly. "I don't really have anyone out here."