Chapter 17: Flashback IV

A year into the relationship

Tiana's POV

Today is me and Jason's anniversary and he says he has a surprise for me. I don't really like surprises but Jay's surprises are always nice. He's so romantic and sweet, that I always look forward to whatever it is he has in store for me.

I was just finishing curling my hair when there was a knock on the door. "Bryson!" I call out to my little brother.

"Yeah?" He answers back.

"Go get the door!"

"Okay!" He calls back.

Moments later I hear Jay walking into my room, before I see him in my mirror, walking towards me with a bouquet of pink flowers in a clear vase and one hand, while using his free hand to pull me towards him once I'm close enough. He doesn't even say 'hi', just starts giving me kisses all over, while I squeal and try to push him away.

"Baby quit it before you make me burn one of us." I giggle as he kisses my neck.

"But I missed you my love." He says humorously, snuggle his face into mine.

"You saw me at school not even two hours ago." I laugh.

"That's two hours too long Bambina." He pouts at me in the mirror and I can't help but to be amused.

"Jay, I'm trying to get ready." I giggle as he wraps his arms around me. "And how come you can get me gifts, but I can't get you any?" I say, pointing out his gift he bought for me.

"Because you're all I need." He says, losing my cheek.

"You're so corny." I laugh, as he pulls me more into him. "Can I finish my hair please."

"You love it." He chuckles. "And hurry up Bambina, you always take forever."

"I'm just trying to look nice for you." I pout, finally finishing my hair and finger coming the curls after spraying it with hairspray.

"You can never not look nice for me Love." He smiles, before plopping a seat down on my bed. "Is that the dress I got you for Christmas?"

"Yes." I smile at him. "Do you like it?"

"You look gorgeous my love." He beams at me. "Are you almost ready?"

"Yeah baby, just let me get my shoes and purse." I say. "You can go put Bryson in the car so we can take him to Shay's."

"I'm on it Bambina." He salutes before standing up and kissing my head. Right after he's out the door and I hear him and Bryson shuffling out of the door soon after.

Once I'm down getting ready, I grab a coat, my shoes, purse and I'm out the door. Jason was leaning on the front of his car waiting for me when I came out. "Why didn't you just get in the car?"

"Because I had to open the door for you." He says in a duh tone.

"You didn't have to wait in the cold Baby." I say, giving him a chaste kiss.

"It's only cold to you." He shrugs. "I'm perfectly fine."

"That's cause you get actual fucking blizzards in New York." I roll my eyes.

"It's not that bad." He chuckles. "You'll love it once you move there."

"Jason I love you to the moon and back, but there's no way on God's green earth that you're gonna get me to move to that frozen tundra of a state." I tell him in a final tone as he opens the door for me.

"We'll see about that Bambina." He smirks, as I slide into the car.

__________________