Chapter 6

POV The Darkling

He was bored with listening to the king's madcap talk. He knew that the poison which Genya had given to him would act slowly as an illness. But he was tired of this king. He considered king Pyotr as the most stupid Lantsov king ever.

"So, General Kirigan, we all saw the Sun Summoner performance on the Winter Fete. When this girl will be capable to destroy the Fold?" The king referred to Aleksander.

"After she gets her amplifier we will go to Kribirsk. We will show people of Novokribirsk a little demonstration," replied Aleksander.

"Demonstration?"

"Yes. Be sure, after our performance Zlatan will forget about his attempt to make West Ravka independent."

Oh, he will think about nothing after he becomes dinner for the volcra.

"The girl become quite popular against common people. They call her Sol Koroleva. They make altars for her. That is dangerous. So I have some plans for it. We have a little problem with the popularity of the royal dynasty."

People hate you, filthy pig. I hate you.

"Miss Starkov is a real saint. Of course, she has love of common people," said Aleksander.

"And this love for her will become a love for their royal family," said a king with a self-satisfied smile on his lips.

"What are you talking about?" Asked Aleksander.

"My son is an heir to the Ravkan throne and he is not married. They are the same age. So my son and the Sun Summoner will get married," the king shrugged.

Aleksander clenched his jaw. He gripped tighter armrests of the chair, just not to send the Cut to the king at that particular moment. The king narrowed his eyes, looking at him. Some of his advisers, who were sitting with them at the table, looked at him in disbelief.

"I'm not very fond of the idea of having some witch grandchildren. But their union will be for best," continued the king.

"Gentlemen, can you give me a moment alone with his highness?"

People around him hesitated, but Aleksander raised his gaze on them and shadows started to rise. So everybody left the council room.

"What is that Kirigan?" asked Pyotr. He looked angry.

Aleksander sighed and stood up from his place.

"Your son is such a dull young man," said Aleksander walking to the king's place.

"How are you dare?" A king jumped from his place.

"Oh, I dare," Aleksander shrugged. "Your son has such a narrow range of interests. Horses, parties, and whores," he bent his fingers enumerating. "Nothing strange with such inheritance."

"Do you forget with whom you are talking?" The king shouted.

"No, moy tsar," Aleksander rolled his eyes.

The king stepped forward to him with the red face from his rage.

"I'm the king! And you are talking about the prince, you, son of the bitch!"

Aleksander snorted and looked down at the king from his height.

"Oh, such terrible manners for the king to insult the old woman. Though she can consider the word bitch as a compliment. And my words about the prince is just a sad truth," Aleksander shrugged. The king's eyes burned with fury, but this only entertained Aleksander. The king was like a child.