Chapter 11

POV Alina

She went to the Alkemi laboratories. There was a blond-haired Alkemi in purple kefta who was making up bottles with different liquids. Alina knew her from her previous visit.

«Oh, Alina, hello!» She'd greeted her first, but then bowed and corrected herself, «Moya soverena. Do you come for the mixture?»

«Hello, Katia. Yes, I come for the mixture.»

Katia smiled and took a little bottle from the shelf. Alina looked at the bottle and blushed. Because that was the contraceptive mixture that she had taken last time.

«Not this one,» she said.

Katia arched her brow but smiled, «Don't blush, most women in the palace use it. Or do you want to stop because of the wedding?»

Alina felt baffled. She yanked the sleeves of her kefta. She sighed, as she said, «I need something for sleep. Something strong.»

«Oh, I thought that people who do not sleep alone have a good sleep,» Katia giggled.

Alina looked at her confused.

«Sorry, I talk without thinking,» she grimaced.

«To be honest,» whispered Alina. She looked around and leaned closer to Katia. «The General snores terribly.»

Katia gasped. Alina wanted to laugh at her amazed look. But she suppressed her desire to laugh and made a serious face.

«That's why I need something strong for my sleep without hearing him snoring,» Alina said with a melancholy look on her face. «But please, don't tell anyone.»

Katia nodded, «Of course, Moya soverena. I will give you a miraculous mixture. You will sleep like the dead.»

«Such kindness from you,» Alina smiled a little bit.

Katia gave her a bottle of green liquid.

«One teaspoon before sleep. But not more. If you drink more, you will fall asleep at this particular moment and no one can be able to wake you up. Even a heartrender,» said Katia.

«Hmm, amazing. Thank you,» said Alina and took a bottle.

She walked outside the laboratories and started to laugh. Will Aleksander be angry if she spread the rumor about his snoring?

  She climbed the stairs to the second floor. Her guards were following her like ghosts. She needed to get rid of them. She knew, that they leave her only when she is with the General. And Aleksander didn't consider having guards near his doors at night, especially when they were making love. She felt freer when no one was listening to her moans at the other side of the doors.

She stopped before the doors to the war room and turned to Oprichniki.

«You are free for today. I'm going to stay with the General,» she said.

«Good night, Moya soverena,» said two of them and bowed.

    She opened the door to the General's quarters. The war room was empty but she heard steps from his bedroom.

    «Aleksander,» she called for him.

    He appeared from his bedroom. He looked a little bit confused, some locks of his hair had fallen on his forehead. He didn't wear his kefta, just a black shirt. The upper buttons of the shirt were unbuttoned. He looked such domestic, and she liked that look. Because she considered this one belonged only to her. But even that wasn't true.

    «My Alina,» his lips curled with a smile, «You came.»

    «Yes, how you can see, I'm here.»