Chapter 21

Note: I couldn't write for a long time. I couldn't write, not being at home. I was depressed.  I've spent two months in Poland, but I visited my home a few times. War had changed my common life, but still, I decided to come back home this week. And today, when I was editing this chapter, my hometown was under attack. I had never understood how a person can hate something so furiously before russians attacked my country. But now I do.
***

POV Aleksander

He was upset about their talk about children, that talk had made her sad. She was right, he should have talked with her earlier. That was unfair to take the opportunity of having children from her. But hadn't wanted his own children before he met her. He was scared to love someone this much, unconditional.

Aleksander'd spent most of the day in his study, trying not to think about Alina or their potential children. But he failed. At the end of the day, he left the war room. He found Alina in her room. She was drawing something in her scratch book when he entered.

«What are you drawing?» He asked. Aleksander didn't come close to her, remaining to stand near the doors.

Alina closed her scratch book and lifted her head to look at him. She didn't answer.

Aleksander sighed. «Alina... I want to talk.»

«About what?»

«Our previous talk... You are right. I had to talk with you before,» he said, looking down at his boots. He felt her gaze on him. «We need to decide everything about our future together.» He looked at her, taking a few steps forward to her. «And about children... If we make this world a better place, and more important safe place, we will have our own children.»

«Why did you change your mind?» Alina asked. She turned in her chair, fully to him.

«Alina, I had been living in this cruel world for so a long time, and you came to my life, making it better. I told you why I didn't want children, but now... If there is peace in our country, we can raise our child here.»

«It will be peace because we will make it.»

«Alina, I love you so much and I'll do everything to make you happy. I want us to have a family, and I want you to be the mother of my child.» He kneeled before her and took her hands.

«Aleksander...»

«Hush, my love. We will have a child, and I will do everything to keep you both safe. I will do everything for my family.»

She smiled and cupped his face. Her thumbs gently stroked his cheeks.

«Our family. I love you so much too, Aleksander,» she said.

He'd never felt happier or had thought of such happiness. He leaned toward her and kissed her.

POV Alina

Aleksander had woken up earlier than she, so she was alone when she opened her eyes. She had wanted to spend more time in the bed, but Genya broke into her room like a storm, telling her about the fabric for her wedding gown.

«Get up, sleepyhead! You should see it! There are few variants, but they all are amazing,» Genya chirruped.

«Can I wear just kefta?» Alina asked sleepily.

«No!» Genya clamored, frowning.

Alina got up from the bed with a dissatisfied moan.

«Ok, I will wear a white gown. But I will choose it myself.»