Chapter 32 - Dean

I was working on my car when Sam walked up behind me. He stood there for a few minutes not saying anything. I really did not want to talk so I just chose to pretend like he was not there.

"You were right." He said, finally breaking the silence.

"About what?" I asked him confused.

"About me and Dad. I'm sorry that the last time I was with him I tried to pick a fight. I'm sorry that I spent most of my life angry at him. I mean for all I know he died thinking I hate him. So, you're right. What I'm doing right now, it's too little. It's too late." Sam said to me as he visibly started to tremble.

"I miss him, man. And I feel guilty as hell. And I'm not all right. Not at all." He said with tears welling up in his eyes. "But neither are you. That much I know. I'll let you get back to work." He said and then turned around and walked back into the house.

I stood there for a moment thinking about what he had just said. He was right. I hated it but he was right. I was not okay. But how could I be when I'm the reason he's dead. This is all my fault.

I don't know what came over me but I was filled with rage. I picked up a crowbar and started smashing the windows out of a nearby car. Then I turned around and started slamming it into the trunk of my own car. The car that dad gave me. I hit it over and over again. I kept hitting the car with no stop in sight. That was until I felt a set of hands around my wrist holding me in place. From the strength of the hands, I expected it to be Sam and was completely shocked when I saw the one who stopped me was Eve.

She stood there in front of me holding my wrist above my head stopping me from hitting the car again. I had no idea how I felt about her being here. Seeing me like this but all I could do was stand there and look back at her.